Dumbest Engine Oil YouTube videos you’ve seen

Because one may pour half the rate of another but both pump at the same rate. Cold start performance is about pumpability, not pourability, hence why you have to measure it in dynamic viscosity (not kinematic viscosity) using an MRV.

Aside from spraying the ADBV and filtering media with metal sparks, using a side grinder is a dead giveaway that the person cutting it open doesn't do that regularly and is just fishing for likes. Anybody who cuts open filters regularly has a filter cutter. You can get a cheap one from Jegs for $40 or go high end with a Longacre unit for $70-80.
I use a lathe and a parting tool.

More of an oil change video but this is a classic. Start watching at 10:27 and get ready to facepalm.

Ohh my god him pulling it off the ramps while dry was running it dry was painful him just idling it dry and taking forever to shut it down made me want to drive to where he is and punch him in the face.

Last edited:
I was on a Jeep forum a few years ago where a kid was saying Pennzoil caused sludge and called me a troll for saying I used it because I was lying. If you guys remember, PYB 10w30 was the bees knees back then with its GTL base stocks. PQIA had to do retest on their VOA because it was so good. The stuff did well in 4.0’s too.

He sited his sources by posting a video of a neglected 4.0 with crud under the valve cover.

Mods didn’t handle it the best IMO. Not because it was an I’m right and you’re wrong thing.. it was bad and misleading information. Maybe I’m just more passionate about oil I guess, but that sort of misinformation wouldn’t fly here.

Every time I see this guy I think of "Toasty!" From Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

mortal-kombat-toasty-gif-12.gif

Back