drunkman pulled over in a barbie toy car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
If in US he'd probably have gotten a DUI somehow.

He did get a DUI, or the Brit equivalent (drink-drive), according to the article.

And yes, in the US he probably would have gotten a DUI too. In NC you can get a DUI on just about anything with wheels, including lawn mowers and bicycles.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

He did get a DUI, or the Brit equivalent (drink-drive), according to the article.

And yes, in the US he probably would have gotten a DUI too. In NC you can get a DUI on just about anything with wheels, including lawn mowers and bicycles.

Well, those kind of make sense because you can hurt someone with one of those.

and hooves (horse)

Yes, hooves. Some Amish are drunk at the reigns (fallen asleep on the way home). They get a DUI.

Amos, I hereby suspend your buggy whip for 90days.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Yes, hooves. Some Amish are drunk at the reigns (fallen asleep on the way home). They get a DUI.

Amos, I hereby suspend your buggy whip for 90days.

joking aside, it looks like they are just so very eager to give everybody and anybody a DUI to make their numbers look good - not necessarily to make anyone safer.

In NC you can get a DUI on just about anything with wheels, including lawn mowers and bicycles.

...like ol' G.J. (George Jones)??
lol.gif

I don't agree with this.

The idea of drunk-driving laws is to stop people from driving road vehicles while intoxicated, as they can cause harm to other people.

You can't register it, nor are you even supposed to drive a 'toy car' on a public street. There is no way you can cause harm to others while driving an electric toy car. So it's an over-zealous application of a law.

Maybe haul the guy off to the drunk-tank to sleep it off, just as if he was walking down the street very drunk. But a 3-year driving suspension, for operating something that doesn't even require a permit?

Gimme a BREAK!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I don't agree with this.

The idea of drunk-driving laws is to stop people from driving road vehicles while intoxicated, as they can cause harm to other people.

You can't register it, nor are you even supposed to drive a 'toy car' on a public street. There is no way you can cause harm to others while driving an electric toy car. So it's an over-zealous application of a law.

Maybe haul the guy off to the drunk-tank to sleep it off, just as if he was walking down the street very drunk. But a 3-year driving suspension, for operating something that doesn't even require a permit?

Gimme a BREAK!

Would you really want someone stupid enough to get drunk, get into a "Barbie" car, and go driving around on public roads to be allowed to have a license and drive a real car?

Not me. Take their license away for a good long time.

I don't agree with this.

Gimme a BREAK!

You're right, the 'idea' or original purpose of law was to protect one from another. Now, I have no idea what's going on.

I 'heard' they'll give you a DUI for sitting in a parked car. Doesnt even have to be running, just sitting behind the wheel and off to jail you go.

Some of the laws (here) let you off the hook for that when the key is out of the ignition and/or you're not in the driver seat.

It probably stemmed from a drunk seeking shelter in a car that either looked like his ..or he/she thought it did. The officer took opportunity to apply some punitive adaptive enforcement by writing him for EVERY thing he could pull out of his behind. Again speculating, the law was not applicable if the person had no capability of driving the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I always thought that imbibing was verboten to the Amish?

Its very obvious you do not live in Amish country.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I don't agree with this.

Gimme a BREAK!

Would you really want someone stupid enough to get drunk, get into a "Barbie" car, and go driving around on public roads to be allowed to have a license and drive a real car?

Not me. Take their license away for a good long time.

There are lots of people who do stupid things, and still have licenses. ...equating 'driving' a toy car to a dangerous act is like seeing someone drunk throwing a tennis ball around, and taking away thier license - I mean, they are playing with a toy, must mean they can't drive, right?

This is applying laws for the sake of it....

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I always thought that imbibing was verboten to the Amish?

Its very obvious you do not live in Amish country.

You sir are CORRECT!
I guess they are not as draconian on that as they are on all of the other "sins"??

Lighten up,evrybody, Sheesh....Wine is mentioned many times in the Bible. I thought one of the benefits of hay burners was that they knew the way home. That Amish guy sleeping on the way home has been doing that since before there were drunk driving laws. The Barbie jeep, a lawn mower, and even a bicycle being operated by a drunk, is way less likely to cause harm than driving a car. Being a mobile drunk is getting harder and harder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back