Drinking Water With Meals

I have a glass of water and a cup of coffee when we eat out. At home I just drink mostly coffee all day unless it is hot outside. Then its water or tea. I usually drink 6-7 cups of coffee a day. When I can't sleep and my mind won't stop, I go and get a coffee in the kitchen and am back asleep in an hour or less.

Definitely. I usually drink 12 oz water with lunch and 16 oz with dinner. Breakfast is coffee only lol.
Just breakfast coffee I’m addicted drink it all day lol, I now have a Fitbit 5 free with my insurance plan that issues warnings over too little water my girl friend not GF drinks lots of H2O

I drink 1.5 quarts a day. That seems to be the recommended amount for adults. That keeps the organs flushed out. Kidneys, liver, bladder, and forgot the other small organ that people get removed because of fat clogging. Ed

1) Grew up drinking water. There was no soda in the house.
2) "Soda" , as the term is commonly used, contains criminal levels of sugar. Honestly, stop being stupid about this one.
3) Diet sodas are just plain poison.
4) I read that drinking water during meals dilutes stomach acids / the moisture in foods is all you need AT THAT TIME.
5) We carry refillable water bottles. Using disposable plastic bottles is lazy and immoral.
6) Drinking the most mineralized water in the world during Summer vacations has me terrified of the specter of stones.
7) Given that alcohol is a superior solvent, I'm surprised it is never mentioned as a facilitator of bad things entering the bloodstream.
e.g. drinking alcohol during meals dissolves more fats into our systems. Maybe you can tell I'm not a doctor.
8) The book, "Why Aren't French Women Fat", recommends downing a glass of water upon awakening.
9) Claims of drinking 6-9 cups of coffee a day stunned me before I remembered that lots of people drink unbelievably weak coffee.
6-9 cups of my coffee will give you the heebie-jeebies and maybe a stint in detox.
10) Said above, "The water we drink today could have been the same water cavemen drank thousands of years ago."
I like to think of it as Julius Caesar's bath water.
11) Safeguard water supplies, resist water waste and remember water efficiency when selecting products. I grew up in a house with a "shallow well" which ran dry periodically. BELIEVE ME, you don't know what inconvenience is until you run out of water.

Just breakfast coffee I’m addicted drink it all day lol, I now have a Fitbit 5 free with my insurance plan that issues warnings over too little water my girl friend not GF drinks lots of H2O
Not breakfast only! In addition to the water I also drink 4 to 6 cups of hot brewed coffee every day.

There is truly no reason to drink milk at all. High in calories and, without the added vitamin D and A the dairies put into it, almost no nutritional value for humans. The fat is good for baby cows, but we humans don’t need that either.
Huh?
One cup (4 oz) of milk contains 8 grams of protein, 10 percent of your daily value of potassium, and 29 percent of your daily value of calcium. After fortification, one cup of milk also contains 10 percent of your daily value of vitamin A and 25 percent of your daily value of vitamin D. Skim milk has the same vitamins, minerals and nutrients as whole milk but has no fat and one cup only has 40 calories. Some nutritionists call milk a "superfood".
I generally drink a full glass (12 oz) of ice cold skim milk with dinner. I have all of my life (although switching to skim milk took some getting used-to). I personally believe that milk provides very good "bang for my buck" nutritional value.

Last edited:
I doubt that will clear plaque from arteries.
I drink a tall glass of water with juice of half a lemon daily.
This has been shown to reduce the amount of plaque in arteries over time. It has been recommended to me by my current doctor and my retired doctor. It's like fish oil, can't hurt, it's all healthy. ReaLemon and such are pasteurized and the effect is not there as the Vitamin C is greatly reduced.

Also you will never be constipated again.

Last edited:
Water - colorless, odorless, and tasteless.
How can something like that be so refreshing to drink?

I really started to appreciate water many years ago when I was outside cutting firewood on a very hot day.
There is nothing better than a cold glass of water.

Fun Fact: Water just keeps getting recycled.
The water we drink today could have been the same water cavemen drank thousands of years ago.
ewww - so we are drinking caveman piss!

The water coming from the public taps in Hot Springs AR, is water that over the years filtering through countless layers of limestone. Ends up over a thermal hot spot and rises under pressure to the surface. The water is about a 105 degrees. It is estimated that the water from the taps is over 4000 years old. On a recent trip I brought back 8 gallons of the Marvelous Mineral Water.

I drink 1.5 quarts a day. That seems to be the recommended amount for adults. That keeps the organs flushed out. Kidneys, liver, bladder, and forgot the other small organ that people get removed because of fat clogging. Ed

Gallbladder?

I drink between 1.5-2 gallons of water per day. About half is carbonated. All are calorie free/artificial sweetener free.
I drink 3 cups of coffee per day (morning)
I drink one Coke Zero with lunch
I also drink Amino Acids mixed in with my water once per day

1-2 beers maybe once on the weekend

Hyponatremia is no joke, but that can be dealt with by not just drinking water and eating adequate food or possibly beverages with electrolytes.
I go by the color of my urine and urine output.
It should be a pale yellow, not deep yellow. I don't think it should be clear.
I get a lot of fluids from fruit and vegetables.

I go by the color of my urine and urine output.
It should be a pale yellow, not deep yellow. I don't think it should be clear.
I get a lot of fluids from fruit and vegetables.

I remember when I was doing a lot of hiking and there were worries about possibly drinking too much water. There were recommendations to monitor the color of urine. However, it's not a given because sometimes there's clear urine when someone hasn't necessarily consumed a lot of protein recently.

I guess we could be like marine mammals. They don't actually drink liquid water. They only get water from the food they eat. I think the only exception would be sea otters, which can actually drink water with kidneys that can remove the salt like a reverse osmosis system.

ewww - so we are drinking caveman piss!

Well yes. Pretty much every drop of water we've ever had included some molecules that used to be in some animal's waste. But it's no like the homeopathic principle that "water remembers" has any truth to it. It's just water at that point.

Heck - I've gone backpacking where my only water source was straight from a creek. I treated it with chemicals to kill any pathogens (and chlorine dioxide tastes odd) but I didn't use a filter like other backpackers did that would trap bacteria and cysts, although not viruses. My chemical treatment would kill pretty much anything in four hours. Viruses and bacteria almost immediately, and the 4 hours was needed to kill cysts like from giardia and cryptosporidia. But then there were likely little bits of things that came out of some animal behind.

Back