1) Grew up drinking water. There was no soda in the house.
2) "Soda" , as the term is commonly used, contains criminal levels of sugar. Honestly, stop being stupid about this one.
3) Diet sodas are just plain poison.
4) I read that drinking water during meals dilutes stomach acids / the moisture in foods is all you need AT THAT TIME.
5) We carry refillable water bottles. Using disposable plastic bottles is lazy and immoral.
6) Drinking the most mineralized water in the world during Summer vacations has me terrified of the specter of stones.
7) Given that alcohol is a superior solvent, I'm surprised it is never mentioned as a facilitator of bad things entering the bloodstream.
e.g. drinking alcohol during meals dissolves more fats into our systems. Maybe you can tell I'm not a doctor.
8) The book, "Why Aren't French Women Fat", recommends downing a glass of water upon awakening.
9) Claims of drinking 6-9 cups of coffee a day stunned me before I remembered that lots of people drink unbelievably weak coffee.
6-9 cups of my coffee will give you the heebie-jeebies and maybe a stint in detox.
10) Said above, "The water we drink today could have been the same water cavemen drank thousands of years ago."
I like to think of it as Julius Caesar's bath water.
11) Safeguard water supplies, resist water waste and remember water efficiency when selecting products. I grew up in a house with a "shallow well" which ran dry periodically. BELIEVE ME, you don't know what inconvenience is until you run out of water.