Drinking Water With Meals

I drink a gallon of milk every few days. I love milk, it's maybe my favorite drink. I mix in chocolate milk about 20% ratio with milk, and it's unbelievably good... and pretty healthy.
I go through a gallon in about 2 days. I always buy the 2%. Gf always drinks whole.

Only water for me 98% of the time. Sometimes, if I want something with some flavour, I'll have a soda sweetened with stevia, but that's rare. I don't drink alcohol, so other than water, it's black drip coffee or espresso for me. Half a glass of red wine twice a year with my dad; at Easter and Christmas dinner and I still have beer in the fridge from January 2020.

I can't remember if I read it on BITOG or not, but recently, there was an article suggesting that water during meals actually dilutes the meals nutritional values. 🤷‍♂️
I will also mention, that every morning before my espresso, I have a cup of hot water with a fresh slice of lemon, which is supposed to be good for your liver or kidneys, can't remember which one. I don't eat until after 12PM; no breakfast for me.

its said your urine color is a good indicator of your hydration. lemon water is said to be good only from real lemons + blending a whole lemon with water adds many benefits + stevia can be safely used to sweeten. i allow myself 2 beers daily, a coffee after meals, water processed decaf at supper + raw milk at both of my daily meals. plain water as needed + its noted you need water BEFORE your actually thirsty. magnesium is very important + lacking in many + of course helps regularity depending on how much + what supplement you might use

I drink close to a gallon of water a day. Probably more if it is hot and I’m doing stuff outside. I feel like I’m reading a prank thread with these responses here acting like water is a newfound thing.

its said your urine color is a good indicator of your hydration. lemon water is said to be good only from real lemons + blending a whole lemon with water adds many benefits + stevia can be safely used to sweeten. i allow myself 2 beers daily, a coffee after meals, water processed decaf at supper + raw milk at both of my daily meals. plain water as needed + its noted you need water BEFORE your actually thirsty. magnesium is very important + lacking in many + of course helps regularity depending on how much + what supplement you might use
Unless someone is taking vitamins with B2 and even b-12 sometimes can do it. You could be hydrated enough yet have yellow urine from B vitamins.

I don't take any supplements/vitamins, except for the odd vitamin D3 during the winter and drink sparkling (mineral) water 99% of the time. I just finished drinking a 1L bottle.

Whats your fave fruit juice? Me, orange juice with high pulp (HEB Country Style). I drive it every day.
I make my own juice from fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. I use a Vitamix blender rather than a juicer so I can control the amount of pulp and fiber in the juice. In no particular order, I make:

Apple
Apple-Spinach
Carrot
Carrot-Orange
Carrot-Orange-Pineapple
Orange
Orange-Grapefruit
Orange-Mandarine/Tangerine
Mango-Orange
Mango-Lassi

It might be a better idea to drink
I go through a gallon in about 2 days. I always buy the 2%. Gf always drinks whole.
I used to drink milk with meals all the times as a kid and into adulthood. I had too much stomach acid and milk helped protect me from getting heartburn. Then in the 90s I was on a plan called Life Balances. They told me to drink milk with meals, and to add electrolyte concentrate into it. They tested my blood periodically to measure my anion cation ratio and overall pH. That was fun for a while. It got me out of food fears and I could tolerate more foods. I don't do dairy at all any more, not even butter or ghee any more, due to eczema.

I'm going to go for 3 liters of h2o today. 6 pints in all, plus drink a pint of water with each meal, that should help my elimination.
It takes getting used to, to drink water with meals, but it might be a good thing for me.
Salt is also important to help hydration. I like to salt my water and my food. I use Himalayan pink salt.

Last edited:
Drinking water with meals is also a great way to dilute the digestive acids in your stomach.
Thereby making it harder for your body to get all the nutrients from food.

If you DO choose to drink with meals, the best choice is something acidic, like club soda/beer.
These will supplement the stomach acids and aid in digestion.
This is another reason why many folk (myself included) prefer to eat when consuming alcohol.

Last edited:
Around town I am know as Mr Water with lemon. Lemon water made with real lemons is very healthy. Plaque clearing of arteries is a biggie that Im aware of.

Back