DONE with Rockauto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shipping from multiple locations has been an issue for me. I had quite a laundry list of items the last time I tried to buy from them. It was a substantial cost, and I don't recall anybody else doing that. I ended up getting the parts elsewhere for one reasonable shipping cost. That has been my only issue with them.

Last edited:
So heres an update. Rockauto refunded the card for that half of the shipment that never made it. I'm still not sure how customs played into the price, because customs brokerage fees are worked into RA's shipping. For example, if you order one cotter pin from them, the shipping will be about 21 bucks (20 for customs, 1 for the cotter pin), so it's really difficult to tell if I lost the customs portion.

Anyway, RA themselves have not been bad, it's who THEY CHOSE FOR LOGISTICS this time that screwed me.

LANDMARK logistics is a terrible company, and chose UPS to aid them in screwing this whole shipment; in the past, it's been another logistics carrier that co-shipped with the far superior FedEX.

Rockauto should be more diligent in who they delegate for cross-border logistics IMO.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Hotspot auto parts seems to be semi competitive on prices with the online guys. They online price match too and there might be a brick and mortar place near you.
http://www.hotspotautoparts.com/

Went with these guys ultimately for some parts needed. Man, I used to buy from them when they were a small outfit called Autospot. Now they've really expanded with the new name HotSpot eh

i bought tow mirrors for my truck from rockauto. they were shipped from edmonton. arrived in calgary in two days. no customs involved.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
The shipping from multiple locations has been an issue for me. I had quite a laundry list of items the last time I tried to buy from them. It was a substantial cost, and I don't recall anybody else doing that. I ended up getting the parts elsewhere for one reasonable shipping cost. That has been my only issue with them.

The shipping from multiple locations bothers me too. I check prices and the bottom line is whoever can get the parts to me the cheapest wins. Sometimes its, Rock, other times Amazon, etc. AAP even wins once and a while if their coupon codes are good.

Check out a bumper cover for your car on Rock auto and check the shipping cost.
Many times the total is higher than a brand new one from the dealer, now go to ebay and look up a CAPA certified bumper cover with free shipping.

I buy all covers CAPA on ebay or OE from the dealer. I scored a OE blem cover on ebay, it turned out to be a dealer in Michigan who bought up stocK from GM.
$99 free shipping, the blem was so small it only took a little plastic primer/filler and wet sanding to make it perfect.
It was delivered by tractor trailer in a huge GM branded box really well packed.

RockAuto has decent price but are definitely a friggin shipping hound. What the lose on the front end they try and recover a little on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back