Does this drive you nuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Well, I don't know if I'd use that as a blanket philosophy, but I'd say that before you judge someone ..walk a few paces in their shoes
That, I agree with. That's also why I just react sometimes. No judgment involved.
grin2.gif
You're lucky if most people can't tell which is which very well.

..and make sure before you condemn someone else for a given behavior, that the blackness in your own heart has been purged.
That's good advice for people who tend to take out their own frustrations on other people, IMO. Otherwise, sometimes there are scenarios where it's irrelevant what your own situation entails. Same for the (a) corollary. A child rapist might (intentionally) save your life one day, who knows? He may or may not know you (as a person) very well at all.

But is he judging me/you in the saving? Likewise, would I be judging him if I (intentionally) saved his life?

..and it's not frustrations ..it's displaced anxiety. Don't just beeatch about others just to allow you to cope with the pathetic state of your own affairs.

Don't pick on smokers just because you're a socially defective person and need someone to blame for it.

Don't pick on fat people just because it's a good vent for the pathetic vanity you shamelessly display.

In short, as you trespass ..figure that you've got it coming
LOL.gif

But is he judging me/you in the saving? Likewise, would I be judging him if I (intentionally) saved his life?
[censored] if I know! Likewise, [censored] if I know!

Don't pick on smokers just because you're a socially defective person and need someone to blame for it.

Don't pick on fat people just because it's a good vent for the pathetic vanity you shamelessly display.
There, that sort of thinking has a "texture" to it (FYI).
grin2.gif

Quote:
just because it's a good vent for the pathetic vanity you shamelessly display.
Ooh, say it in your best Aaahh-noled voice for us Uncle Gary!
LOL.gif

Quote:
Don't just beeatch about others just to allow you to cope with the pathetic state of your own affairs.
That one too. (Re-reading)

Originally Posted By: Julian
Same for the (a) corollary. A child rapist might (intentionally) save your life one day, who knows? He may or may not know you (as a person) very well at all.
The other I thought of was that you save a rapist's life (intentionally) and you didn't know he was (or even who he was). Everybody gets a chance?

Originally Posted By: smokey1
are people just getting dumber and more rude ? Or is it just my imagination ? :- )

No, not imagination, reality.

John

Originally Posted By: AlanRebod
Their money - sure that's fine. But oil is a very limited resource, not to mention the unnecessary pollution it creates.

It is socially irresponsible selfishness.

Around here, I see cops idling their police vehicles while they munch on food in a restaurant during the winter time (Texas winter - which is pretty mild compared to the north).

I asked a local cop about this, he said they are required so they can jump in and take off in case of an emergency call.

John

that's taxpayers money at work . I've seen state police talking on cell phones when driving their S.U.V. state police vehicle . Get their gas at CITGO . :- )

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97f150
I am willing to bet that every one of the tree huggers that commented about it probably own a hybrid tomato can at their best efforts is "saving the planet", what a crock of schitt.

Just for the record, I own a hybrid tomato can and I'm most definitely not a tree hugger, just a guy who's cheap because he has to drive lots of miles for work. Don't assume everybody who drives a hybrid is a bleeding heart environmentalist.

welcome2.gif
to the arena of opinion!!
LOL.gif

Looks like the market at work to me.
grin2.gif

Well, if you're not a treehugger, ...well...well ..you must be a pagan or something else that needs to be flogged
grin2.gif

Yeah , go back to the hollow in your redwood and gnaw on your nuts ! ;- ) Had our neighbor who leans far to the right subtly call us tree huggers when we had the '07 PRIUS . We're stuck in middle . Not to far to the left or to the right . Thus , more cr*p to deal with . Reason we had PRIUS was mostly for fuel savings , the safety for her 45 mile commute to work ( V.S.C.w/ Traction Control , etc. ) , trade-in value ( very good trade late last spring for '08 YARIS ) , the fun ( competition for best mileage between us ) , unique in style / operation , government incentive to buy , and yes , the environment ( HUMMER owners forgive us for we have sinned ) . :- )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back