Does Caffeine bother you?

Used to drink 5 or more cups a day for almost 20 years. . I had to switch to decaf because the caffeine started to give me problems.

Except I choose to get my drug of choice from other sources (don't like coffee), this is how I feel about caffeine.

I'm caffeine free. Quit using it around 1998 cold turkey. It was a rough time. Lol.

My wife is an addict. XL DD every morning.

I'm weird and can't tell the difference. I can have a lot of caffeine or none, makes no difference.

Same with pain medication. If I hurt myself I don't even take Ibuprofen or Tylenol, I can't feel a difference with it anyways so might as well not even take it. I threw my back out years ago horribly. Went to the hospital and they gave me Morphine. Felt disgusting for about 30 seconds, but did nothing for the pain.

I'm weird and can't tell the difference. I can have a lot of caffeine or none, makes no difference.

Same with pain medication. If I hurt myself I don't even take Ibuprofen or Tylenol, I can't feel a difference with it anyways so might as well not even take it. I threw my back out years ago horribly. Went to the hospital and they gave me Morphine. Felt disgusting for about 30 seconds, but did nothing for the pain.

How did you hurt your back ?

I had a kidney stone and they gave me hdyrocodone and it did absolutely nothing for the pain.

Yes it does bother me, it gives me tachycardia, it even sent me to ER once. I try a cup of coffee every now and then to see if my body tolerates it but nope. No coffee, energy drinks, sodas, dark chocolate and anything that contains large amounts of caffeine for me.

I went cold turkey with Soda 2 years ago. I have higher than normal levels of Creatinine, so I started to clean things up. 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

How did you hurt your back ?

I had a kidney stone and they gave me hdyrocodone and it did absolutely nothing for the pain.
When I was 17 I was moving and lifted a large fish tank and was unable to bend my knees due to it being awkward, hurt my back and I’ve had problems off and on since then 11 years ago.

Have done physical therapy which didn’t help much. Have also done a few rounds of epidural injections which do help but only for maybe 4-5 months.

Although since losing 103 pounds in the last year, I think it’s helped a little. Only 1 bad flare up from late July until early September. Bending over does sometimes cause some discomfort.

When I was 17 I was moving and lifted a large fish tank and was unable to bend my knees due to it being awkward, hurt my back and I’ve had problems off and on since then 11 years ago.

Have done physical therapy which didn’t help much. Have also done a few rounds of epidural injections which do help but only for maybe 4-5 months.

Although since losing 103 pounds in the last year, I think it’s helped a little. Only 1 bad flare up from late July until early September. Bending over does sometimes cause some discomfort.
103 pounds lost that's fantastic will definitely help with the back issue

We called it soda pop back in the 50’s and 60’s.
When my Mom and Dad moved to Massachusetts from NJ in the early Sixties, people living there called Soda Pop "Tonic"!
I said to the waitress "Hair Tonic? Hop-a-long Cassidy? I'm all Brylcreemed up, can't you see?!"

They also called everything Coke, 'What kind of Coke do you want? I'll have a 7 Up, please!'
Then they called Milkshakes "Frappe" and Lunch was called "Dinner",

It was all very confusing :)

Started to drink coffee in the army. (Easiest way to sabotage any fighting force: interrupt coffee supply.) Didn't care about taste, only function. One day our regiment doctor came visiting our building, found the giant coffee machine (one of these 40-Liter-fountains that will run the brew continuously over the coffee) and asked "so how much do you guys drink? Be honest!" And when we told her that the 30 something people in the building would often set up this machine two tomes a day, she got slightly mad. She also ordered me to moderate my consumption and keep it below 1 litre/day.

As a civilian, I have become a bit of a coffee snob, but I am not totally crazy. Our coffee corner setup was only low figures, not five...
It pays for itself though. Took about one year to fully amortise. Similar to alcohol, once your taste is refined, you do longer tolerate bad stuff. (If I remember what we used to drink as teenagers and as students- how could we survive that?). And good and expensive stuff means you effectively drink less.
Having good coffee at home effectively prevents you from spending too much money on crap coffee while on the road. No more paper cups at the train station or when passing by a bakery on the commute except in cases of grave emergency (i.e. while travelling and suffering from hypocoffeination).

Coffee also pairs well with another hobby, of mine, cycling. There are some nice roasters scattered around in the countryside around Munich. Alwas a good idea to plan a ride around those.

Yes, I need to clean and polish that stuff again. Chrome shows everything.

Attachments

• coffeecorner.jpg
    coffeecorner.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 7
  • Kaffee.jpg
    Kaffee.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
  • kaffee2.jpg
    kaffee2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The rapid heart beat episodes came back again in the past few years and I had to get some work done on the wiring of my heart (not on the arteries, the actual wiring). I can drink caffeinated coffee now but I don't like the buzz so I stick to decaf. And I sleep better too.
I assume that you had a cardiac ablation.
Previously the caffeine may have exposed the issue sooner since it started happening again after a few years with no caffeine?
I had an issue, not caffeine related and PVCs slowly became more frequent over many years to an unacceptable amount, where finally it was diagnosed, my Apple Watch gift Christmas 2021 helped speed up the process with the wacky heart rhythms I was able to record and show the doctors.
Had an ablation just a few months ago, amazing. No more PVCs, zero, none, amazing, the night before the procedure compounded by stopping a drug 7 days before the procedure I had a PVC every other heartbeat. Heart is ALWAYS in perfect rhythm 100% all the time.

Mornings only I have two good size strong 14 oz cups (we grind our own coffee) with organic skim milk and no sweetener or sugar every morning, except gym mornings I limit to one.

Last edited:
I cup of strong coffee per day that is concentrated and black. Basically 3 hooping scoops of ground coffee.

More I get headaches and irritable. Less can’t function 100%.

Love the taste. I only drink seltzer that is caffeine free.

Not sure related but coffee leads me to No. 2 daily within a half hour finishing cup.

Caffeine does absolutely nothing for me. I've detest coffee and tea, I tend to avoid soda/sugary drinks (personal choice), and my ADD has a way of being unaffected by the "jolt" that most feel from the stuff.

I'm a water guy top to tail. Not flavored water, not "enhanced" water, just regular old tap water. Should I find myself feeling a tad sluggish on a given morning, I stop and grab a bottle of this wonderful product I discovered:

Water Joe - Water + Caffeine

It's affordable, it serves both purposes I desire, and best of all it's a Midwest company!

Caffeine doesn't necessarily mess me up. I can drink lots of low-flavor robusta bean coffee and I don't feel sick from it.

What does might be certain types of coffee. There was this one place that served a specific coffee. I mean - I liked it because it was a lot of flavor, but after a while I just started feeling nauseous from it whether it was from the coffee beans and/or the style of brewing. But I could drink it without the nausea as long as I initially took an anti-nausea remedy like Dramamine 2 or a sedating antihistamine.

I cup of strong coffee per day that is concentrated and black. Basically 3 hooping scoops of ground coffee.

More I get headaches and irritable. Less can’t function 100%.

Love the taste. I only drink seltzer that is caffeine free.

Not sure related but coffee leads me to No. 2 daily within a half hour finishing cup.
Coffee is the great regulator....lol

Back