Does Caffeine bother you?

I am a big coffee and pop drinker. I used to be able to drink unlimited amounts of both. Over the years I noticed too much caused me anxiety and arm and chest pains. So now I drink caffeine free pop and drink half caffeine coffee.

How about you all?

Rather like the stuff.

Four cups of coffee a day. Gave up soda years ago, but became a snob and really only like coffee brewed at home.

Will do some tea from time to time, but it tends to make me feel jittery. Regular full strength coffee barely impacts me, but tea sometimes gets to me. Odd.

Not a problem here. Sometimes I'll drink coffee late at night as it's a soporific for me. Rarely drink pop, and if I do, it's only Diet Coke with Chinese food.

in the past i drank up to 6 355ml cans of pepsi a day. i stopped entirely about 10 years ago. i even stopped eating chocolate. i am hyper sensitive to caffeine. no coffee, no chocolate, no energy drinks and no soda. i stopped eating dessert and sweet stuff entirely last year.

In high school I worked at Dunkin. I got to the point where I could drink an extra large coffee at the end of a shift then go home and go to bed. In college I probably drank 1 cup of coffee a day, maybe 2 if I worked more hours since there was a cafe near my campus job. Now I notice the impact caffeine has on me. It makes me jittery, sleep less, more anxiety at times, etc. I also notice that if I drink it for a while and then try to ease off of it I get a decent headache.

in the past i drank up to 6 355ml cans of pepsi a day. i stopped entirely about 10 years ago. i even stopped eating chocolate. i am hyper sensitive to caffeine. no coffee, no chocolate, no energy drinks and no soda. i stopped eating dessert and sweet stuff entirely last year.
Awesome, we are similar in this regard.

I can have some chocolate cocoa powder (no sugar) in the AM, but I too am hypersensitive to caffeine and some other compounds in coffee and tea.

I only drink fancy decaf now. Still enjoyable and I sleep way better.

My body for whatever reason metabolizes caffeine very slowly.

Here is an odd fact. I've had gout for 23+ years now. But I rarely have a flare, so not a huge issue - but if I stop drinking coffee, for sure I will have a flare up. It's not the caffeine, something else in coffee.

One cup a day for me as soon as I get up. If I drink too much I get agitated and don't feel good. If I drink coffee too late in the day it'll keep me awake at night. No issues with a cup a day. Black please!

I drink 4 coffees a day. Minimum. Do get headaches and cramps if I overdo it or dont drink the 2qt of water a day.
Caffeine is a diuretic(makes you pee), which influences the electrolyte balance in the body and your heart's something or another.
Can up your blood pressure. Lots of soda can further throw out the electrolytes, so maybe lower/swap that.
Try and combine coffee with milk or cream to lower the diuretic effect and make the whole thing healthier.
Coffee has antioxidants and can help with loosing weight, energy, lowers risk of some deceases ect. , so not a bad drink.

Two cups every morning.

I feel better after two cups but I don’t have any problems if I miss it for some reason.

I have not read anything saying coffee is bad for your health ( unless a caffeine addict ), in fact, I have read the opposite ( but they could change their minds like they do with everything else ).

One strong mug in the morning when I was working was all that was needed to light the fire. That's all that should be needed. If you need more, something must be wrong or you have a "mesmerising" or "hypnotising" job. My former hectic job and its associated anxiety would keep me WIDE awake and RDY4WAR :LOL:

Now that I am retired I drink partially and naturally decaffeinated tea.
I pour some boiling water (~1oz) over the leaves and dump it, then I poor in the boiling water and let it steep 15-20 mins.
a lot of the caffeine is striped out with the first pour and dump. Bulk Loose leaf ASSAM purchased from Frontier co-op.

I am a big coffee and pop drinker. I used to be able to drink unlimited amounts of both. Over the years I noticed too much caused me anxiety and arm and chest pains. So now I drink caffeine free pop and drink half caffeine coffee.

How about you all?

I drink Postum. Have since I was a kid. I get it at Wal Mart. No pop for me

2 cups coffee in the AM. If I drink it after 3pm or so, have trouble sleeping. More than about 3 cups produces an anxious feeling I don't like.

Caffeine is a diuretic(makes you pee)
Not sure if that is totally true--for some, yes, and for those who suddenly increase the level in their bloodstream, sure. But those are acclimated (aka addicted) might not be. Pretty sure I've read this in an article or two on the web, so it must be true...

I do know, in the past, if I had to take a long road trip, I'd get the largest cup of coffee to go, and would slowly sip as I went along. I'd be fine. Until I took a sip of water, then within 30 minutes I'd be looking for a bathroom... but I could drink all the coffee I wanted, all morning! Water goes right through me, coffee sticks around.

Back