does a silicone ADBV really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for 3-4k mile changes, would a nitrile valve be ok? do they only distort and leak for extended use?

the car experiences extreme temperatures, high and low. the filter sits with the treads nearly staight up, though on some other cars i'll be using the same filter on, it sits horizontally.

even the cheap honda filters use a silicone valve, i figure theyre doing it for a reason.

(im asking about the purolator plus if it matters)

ran a search
thanks

[ February 03, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: the greek ]

I'd rather have a well designed & manufactured ADBV that is made from Nitrile than a cheesy one made from Silicone.

The material is secondary.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Silicon does perform better in extreme temperatures, and probably over extended drains. If you're changing filters every 3-4K miles, it is of less significance. The "threads up" filter would be less affected, but the horizontal filter would notice it more. To a large extent, your engine might answer this for you: If you hear much lifter chatter at start-up, you know you have a problem. If not, the current valve (whatever the material) might be working just fine. Personally I use PureOnes as well, an oversized version for my ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back