Do You Round Up At The Restaurant

For the most part yes, because it doesn’t impact me whatsoever. Rounding up will make no difference in my life.

However, sometimes if it’s for something weird like a hospital or cancer research sometimes I choose no. Doesn’t seem like my change will make much of a difference for something like that. But if it’s for an animal shelter or feeding hungry families, without question yes.

I can't stand Starbucks, but my 13 year old daughter thinks they're all the rage. I went by there with her on the way into town one day last month because she wanted to try a latte a friend told her about. A tall iced latte, not a grande, not a venti, the oxymoronic small tall size... $8.75! :oops::mad: Then the screen asked if I wanted to leave a tip. lol Pouring salt on the wound, she didn't like it. She took 2 sips of it and didn't touch it again. That's still not the worst part though. She gave it to another friend in her co-op who liked it and drank about half of it before suddenly feeling very nauseous, short of air, and face started swelling. It turns out this girl has an almond allergy and the latte was made with almond milk.
Show here this and what not going to Starbucks two times a week saves. Or enter any amount of money and time frame she wants.

As mentioned, there are tons of great charities out there - many local, some national. Pick some, give generously and say no to Burger King without guilt.

The US middle class is collapsing - where do I donate to help that? I would be very happy to, excited even.

The rounding up is or charity.

I used to give to these thing regularly, until I found out that normally, less than 5% goes to charity, and the other 95% gpes to the workers of the charity and the CEO, most to the CEO.

Negative to the roundup. I prefer to do my own charitable donations, and have the write off be on my taxes, not some large corporation’s. They get enough tax breaks as is, I’m not going to give them one of mine.

An aside: my wife and I are about to do our yearly charitable donations. It will be significantly more than any “roundup” and we get the pleasure of going down there and handing over the check ourselves. Feels good to know you’re making a difference firsthand.

The rounding up is or charity.

I used to give to these thing regularly, until I found out that normally, less than 5% goes to charity, and the other 95% gpes to the workers of the charity and the CEO, most to the CEO.
Small local charities are the way to go. We donate to local shelters, food pantries, recreation centers, and afterschool programs. It is way easier to see where your money is going because you can actually see the programs and projects in the community with your own eyes.

Tip, yes. Round up - no. I will donate to charities that I choose. If it's that important to the restaurant, they can donate their own money.

It looks like Walmart is getting into the act now . I was in the self checkout and it asked if I want to Roundup to the nearest dollar

Back