Do you liver wurst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cooling air and falling leaves makes me want to revisit my childhood so I've had a craveing for liverwurst! I'm going to the store today to buy some. What brands do you guy suggest? I think I'm going to do something I never did as a child and pair it with some good german beer. I bet the grocery wont have Bitburger beer though.

Last edited:
37.gif

oh no steve! I thought you'dbe on board with me. Maybe you dident have a german grandma that would make liver wurst. No one makes it like grandma.

I don't think I've ever had a bad liverwurst; store brand, boars head, hatfield, they are all good, IMO.
I like it straight up, on white w/ mayo. on rye w/ a slice of swiss would be good also.

Boars Head or Mother Goose on dark rye bread with mustard and a slice of red onion and a good beer. Maybe a little horseradish too. mmmmmm

Never had liver wurst.

One of my roommates likes to cook liver mush (not wurst), which is popular in NC. I personally won't touch it...it just doesn't appear or smell appetizing and it makes the house smell like [censored].

They sell boars head everything here but dont know about mother goose or hatfield? I agree with the rye bread mustard and onion.

wurst just means sausage like bratwurst which is just ground up braty children.
Originally Posted By: exranger06
The name "liver wurst" turns me off enough to never even want to try it.

the liver is a filter...

would you eat a used fram or wix...or maybe suck down a purolater, or grill up a mopar filter and garnish it with a chevy filter, or wok it in drained engine oil...?

I'll eat braunschweiger on a cracker once in a blue moon. Certain restaurants in rural Wisconsin (the old school supper club type places) will actually bring out a cracker plate as an appetizer with various spreads, braunschweiger being one of them.

I do believe in consuming as much of the animal as possible, it's too bad that the offal products get such a bad rap these days. You can't raise a pig and just eat the tenderloin.

That being said, I'm not really surprised that the offal meats get ignored, factory farm meat is sketchy, especially strange organ meats from said animals.

As a kid I hated it. My Dad used to make LW sandwiches with mustard, raw onion, horseradish, and anything else spicy and hot he could fit in there, and take them fishing with us. If I got hungry enough I'd eat one of them and started to like them the older I got, but I quit eating processed meats quite a few years ago.

I'll take the mustard and raw onion on a grass fed beef burger on Ezekiel bread. Many of you are probably wondering "what is Ezekiel bread?". It's organic sprouted grain bread made without any flour. It's about the easiest of all breads to digest and is the healthiest. Costs about $4 a loaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back