Do ya'll just love to take a drive after an oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are freakin Crazy!
burnout.gif

NO WE'RE NOT!!! We're just sensitive caring guys (and a few gals)
smile.gif
who are empathically connected to the universe and all its goodness. Oil comes from once-living things, and so, by extension, it contains the spirit and essence of those things. Living things know when they are appreciated. (Think dogs. Think wives, even) When you take your new oil for an immediate drive, you tell it that you really care, and it returns the favor, and takes good care of your car for you. If you just dump it in and ignore it, it gets offended, and might give you a bad UOA just for spite.
shocked.gif

I was guilty of this myself today...I switched to Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 and S2000 75w90 in the transmission and differentials.

Couldn't help but take a couple of extra laps around town, imagining that the turbo was spooling up faster and reveling in a reduction of AWD parasitic drag.

I need help....

I think we all need help. Take a look in the mirror people. We are on an OIL Message Board!

Someone help us all!

smile.gif

OCB

Right after the oil cap is twisted to it's proper position and the 4-6 empty bottles scattered like soldiers on a battlefield,rag in hand,a slight reflection of the sun off the tray of used oil,a box being slightly tinged at the bottom from the filter that has served you proudly,you twist the key with a quick snap,heart racing,chest puffed out like a peacock enticing a mate and then yes oh yes the engine zooms to life and at that precise moment you are at the perfect place as your mind envisions the new elixer introducing itself to all the members of the neighborhood that is your engine.....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH now that is better than anything...
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

I usually dont even start it right after an oil change, just push it into the garage. Why add contaminants from a cold start into my new, fresh oil.
cheers.gif
I dont even check the dipstick since I know how much it holds and how much I put in.

quote:

Originally posted by Bamaro:
I usually dont even start it right after an oil change, just push it into the garage. Why add contaminants from a cold start into my new, fresh oil.
cheers.gif
I dont even check the dipstick since I know how much it holds and how much I put in.

That's taking some of the fun out though...
patriot.gif

HMMMMM.... Mine gains horsepower, torque, looks cleaner, and the tunes sound better right after the oil lamp goes out from the first start of the fresh M1 0W20!

I'm being silly of course but I do take it for a tour, check for drippies, and check the level after I've returned.

Try changing plugs, wires, cap and rotor AND changing oil and filter.......talk about dropping the HAMMER.....well OK 50 H.P.....
shocked.gif

Sometimes new oil can help piston seal if your old oil is fuel diluted and/or soot filled. Better piston seal = more power, ala the AutoRX effect.

Yes I have felt poetry in motion.
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back