Do not buy anymore Sigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/NewsEventsStoriesVA.aspx

Is this scary or what? It's for police and military now, but wait until the anti's hear about this. Tech like this would allow police to drive down the street and know which house had which guns, where they are in the house, and how often they have been fired!

Scary stuff and I don't think gun manufacturers that develop and field these things should be rewarded with business.

Additional link: http://www.shootingwire.com/shooting_wire_release.html?releaseID=130615

Last edited:
Sounds pretty much like the inventory control devices used in retail stores. I imagine the range is limited to a few yards much like a bluetooth system. Thats the basic version, acually the devices are registered against a particular piece of equipment and the system automatically keeps up with where it is. As long as it stays within the range of the system.

If anyone is considering this for us United States citizens, Well.....Grips are removable. Remove the offending grips. Toss into nearest chipper, or off a bridge, or find a bigger hammer. Tell the UN to..... Well, I think you know where I'm headed with this.

The only SIG guns that tempt me are the 556 and P210. I've just never liked any of their other guns, so it won't be hard for me to avoid purchasing one.

I clicked on this topic thinking it was to argue the merits of a firearm. I'm in LE and find this disturbing-a blatant invasion of privacy. I believe if it ever got to the supreme court, they would rule a warrant is needed to use this device-it goes beyond the plain view doctrine. It reminds me of Colt's smart gun attempts, and let's not forget before S&W changed owners, they were also getting chummy with the antigunners. I'm sure you've seen barrett's (spelling?) stance of not selling products to any agency in a state which bans their products, cali in particular. I believe if more firearm/ammo manufacturers adopted this policy, you would see [censored] like chicago and d.c. changing their ordinances really quick. Either that, or start their own p.d. weapons development. No one is more concerned with officer safety than myself and preventing crime is a noble cause, but lets not shred the Constitution in the process!!!

I'm right there with turbodieselfreak,
What is this world coming to? I know the average individual is law abiding, and good. This will solve nothing. A few rotten apples that are less than a fraction of 1% of the total population help to bring these things about. Make penalties for breaking the law far more severe and maybe the scum of the earth will get the hint. And having judges who will follow through with these severe penalties to the max would also help.

Kinda reminds me of Big Brother watching you.

After having a Sig P229 .40S&W crack its frame I've stayed away from Sig.

After seeing this, I'll stay even further away.

Shame on Sig.
06.gif

Another reason to stay with my beloved Glock. Yes, I agree with you, Bill - Shame on Sig. They will NEVER get a penny from my thanks to this crrap. In the unfortunate event that I ever inherit or am given a Sig, it will be sold immediately.

That's exactly what it is. It's used for inventory control, not for locating your pistol in your hidy hole place from the interstate. the tags only have a range of <15 feet without a repeater.

Well it is nothing I have a need for and something I do not want in my firearm.

So, I'll pass.

Plenty of other fine firearms with out it.

Take care, Bill

The operative word here is "availiable". The devices are installed when requested by the purchasing organization. Not into every Sig made.

Originally Posted By: Pete C.
That's exactly what it is. It's used for inventory control, not for locating your pistol in your hidy hole place from the interstate. the tags only have a range of div>

From the links above:
Quote:
RuBee tags have a range from 1-100 feet, are not blocked by steel and are not affected by water.

And it's just a matter of time before gov tries to mandate these things for all guns. Just look at micro stamping.

Originally Posted By: Pete C.
The operative word here is "availiable". The devices are installed when requested by the purchasing organization. Not into every Sig made.

For now. Or until some moron/gun grabber tries (and depending how the elections go) to make it into a law.

I'll pass with buying any more Sigs. Plenty of weapons out there that do as good if not better job.

Take care, bill

As Tempest correctly points out.

Available as an option can rapidly become compulsory.

You guys are relatively lucky, as the time frame takes longer in the US than the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back