DIY Christmas Gift Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself with it being just September, but I'm sure BITOG members have friends that are into doing their own oil changes. Some of those same BITOG members probably would like to try Scheaffer's oils, but might have trouble scraping up the minimum amount to get shipping included.

How about getting those DIY friends some Scheaffer's for Christmas? I know I would be tickled pink to get a case or two of premium quality oil as a gift. Also, these same friends might like Scheaffer's so much they would be willing to combine future orders with you. That way you can more easily make the minimum order to get the shipping break.

I think this would be a nice win-win situation in helping a friend get in on one of the better secrets and helping yourself out at the same time.

Sorry... I cannot get the nerve to present a friend or relative at Christmas time -- with a bow-wraped case of engine oil.

There are limits to everything.....

A man has got to know his limitations
theyareontome.gif

I'll take a case of oil for Christmas...And in fact I think oil is a great Christmas gift...I have no limitation...I just think one should not specify an oil brand...that makes it look like an advertisement...

My brother-in-law has an airboat...with a 500 something Cadillac...I was thinking of sending a case of AMO...Is this dumb?...
banana.gif

Quote:

A man has got to know his limitations
theyareontome.gif

Harry

It all boils down to how you want others to think of you. If you don't care, then Christmas oil is a nice optional gift.

Engine oil is a very strange gift to pass along. But if you want to be looked-at as being an unusual gift passer or possibly strange... then go right ahead.

I try to avoid any whispers or behind-the-back strange looks. Others either don;t care -- or they like the attention.

I'm done here.... it's your world Harry.

I give my daughters gift certs to the Valvoline Quick Lube Place (along with restaurant gift certs)every Christmas. They live out of town from us and at least I know they get it done at least once each year that way. Engine maintenance is not their strong suit.

I have asked for a case of oil/automotive cleaning products for Christmas & received them. However, I give a few flavors to choose from. Giving them would be more difficult since there aren't any family members that are 'weird' in this way.

The idea behind the original post doesn't sound too bad.

i would take anything automotive-related. motor oil, chassis grease, grease gun, tools, etc.... LOL, wash and wax stuff, detailing stuff, etc... LOL (it's not like I DON'T have this stuff, because I do, it's just that I could always use more...LOL)

It wouldn't be a strange gift at all among car guys. If you bought a case of oil for your mom, it might come across a little odd.

If someone bought ME a case of Scheaffer's oil for Christmas, I'd be very happy. Always wanted to try that stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back