Ditching iPhone 3G for a Blackberry Torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on the amount of interest one has: If someone is not interested in HD or blu ray or smart phones and don't need it, nothing wrong with not owning them. I am sure that depending on the type of person, one can live without those things and still be VERY happy.

Some people own those because they actually need them and/or are enthusiastic about them and actually enjoy them.
A lot more people own those because they just feel they HAVE to have them, to be "in" with the times, but won't be able to explain what "HD" means and will watch their new TV with the store settings all the time
smile.gif

Last edited:
OK, so I've lived for a week with a BB 9650 bold, and I'm starting to get an itch to go back to an Android device. Those things are just too cool. If I can find one that does basic Exchange email well, I might just swap it out. Unfortunately, the battery life is still a killer... will have to carry a spare battery around most likely when I'm on trips. Right now Droid 2 is under consideration...

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne

I'm a retro man. I have a "dumb" phone, an old non-HDTV, and no blu-ray player.

Luddites unite!

I'm right with you.

I'm not against technology when used in reasonable amounts and when it has proven realible, but clearly at this day in time computers have been put in places where they clearly haven't proven reliable, and this trend in only increasing, making the consumer the beta tester while paying dearly at the same time. A rip off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Why not Windows Phone 7?

WP7 is relatively new. I haven't really heard too many things about it. I'm on Verizon, and they don't even offer any WP7 phones yet. Also, my last phone ran Windows 6.x and it was one of the least intuitive devices I've ever owned (too many clicks to accomplish simple tasks), so I'm naturally skeptical now...

As far as the interface, I would say WP7 is closer to iOS than it is to Windows Mobile 6...

Originally Posted By: HyundaiGuy
It is AT&T- the kings of dropped calls.

AT&T has never dropped a call when my phone has been in 2G mode.

In 3G mode, it's another story. I've sometimes had to switch it into 2G mode just to get the call to go through.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
When they went from cell phone to communications devises, I lost all interest.

I have a Samsung SGH-a737 that has served me well for many years. Not sure what I will replace it with when it goes out.

I also am with AT&T and all I use a phone for is to talk.

32.gif

The SGH-A737 is, IMO, one of Samsung's very good phones, for people like me who need it as a phone to make calls, keep my contacts, and log my recent calls. It is a nice sized slider that is easy to use. If yours goes out and you really want another of the same I'll send you mine which is now gathering dust.
wink.gif

I thought the A777 would be an evolution of the A737. I don't understand what Samsung had in mind (except cheapening) - the A777 is awful in comparison. Everything is downgraded, like the quality and placement of the buttons, and ergonomics of one-handed use, and a flaw of the 737 (battery life) is equal or worse.

Thankfully I don't use an A777, instead went from the A737 (AT&T) to the chunky SCH-U460 (Verizon) which in many respects is an excellent phone too. Battery life is excellent on the U460, the A737 and A777 have poor battery life.

I was, however, unpleasantly surprised to find that some basic software features I enjoyed on the AT&T phones are completely dumbed down on the Verizon version. Examples:

- The AT&T phones had explicit control and display of 3-way calling details. With Verizon it is completely blind and shoot-in-the-dark. (Hello, anyone still there? Who is on the call now?)

- The AT&T phones roll up all the recent calls (of the same type like incoming, outgoing, and missed) to/from the same contact into one entry in the recent calls list, which could be expanded for full details as needed. This keeps the lists useful as I could see all my recent call contacts quickly. With Verizon there is no roll-up, so if I spoke with AA ten times today and spoke with BB this morning, AA's entries fill up the lists forcing much scrolling to find who else I've spoken with today.

I just recently went from my Samsung a737 to a iPhone 3Gs after my Mom went to a 4 and gave it to me. Cool toy, but this example is somewhat unreliable, crashing under heavy use such as internet surfing and requiring refrigeration to bring it back to life.
Ill tinker with it for a bit to see what I can come up with, but Ill keep the 737 on charge, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back