Dishwasher Recommendations

yes it has a heating element in the bottom, and filter then grinder.
The grinder runs a very short time so I'd say its more a plus to me than an annoyance.

Not saying its the best.. I'm saying its an excellent buy in the 500-600$ range on sale.

If you want to throw down on miele or a bosch 800 series.. well yea $$$$ vs $$$

So far my maytag has been flawless for 18months.. a relatively short time.

I looked up the price it was 499+tax =532-150 customer service credit. -2% on 532 = $372
typical price on sale is around 650 but can be found cheaper.. (costco has it 250 off currently)

It does a great job cleaning and drying.. I do rinse off the loose chunks but no major precleaning.
I dont feel the need to load it with dishes covered with mac and cheese or spaghetti etc.

Im not doubting it works well, just trying to understand what it is, and this setup is the classic standard american package

Grinder and exposed heater coil.

The tradeoff with the grinder is the 2-3 extra inches of space it takes up, with a filter unit occasionally you need to take a look at what might be in it, I check it maybe 2-3 times a year and there is never enough in it to bother. The soapy heated water flowing through it continuously basically dissolves any leftover food.

On the heater elements they have 2 functions - 1 heating water, 2 drying the dishes.

On the exposed heating element - the better euro units route this under the bottom of the interior. This way when a plastic piece lands on the bottom you dont melt it on the heater and you can put sensitive items on the bottom rack.

This also prevents them from using the heating element to dry the dishes so what they do is condense the moisture against the SS interior and vent it out of the unit.

I bought a three rack Maytag several years ago. It was one of the few machines that chop up the food. Seems solid. Looked at the Bosch models in stores, but felt they were a little flimsy compared to the other models. I have not used a Bosch though. Happy with Whirlpool models I’ve had in the past.

Anyone have experience with Bosch dishwashers?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. As I was reading your post I was thinking I should offer Bosch as a recommendation.

Over the past ten years, we have used Bosh dishwashers in three separate circumstances, including one in a rental unit where the tenants were not kind to the machine. We had zero problems with the machine over a period of 9 or 10 years and three sets of tenants.

Sweetie had a Bosch, two households of good friends have a Bosch, and sweetie's daughter and son each have Bosch. All these owners made their decision to buy independently, and all have been pleased with their choice.

You'll be satisfied, I'm sure. Just remember to clean the filters regularly (I believe they still use filters that require manual cleaning) for happily coexisting with your machine.

You should like the Bosch they are nice. That being said, we went with the buy once, cry once and installed a Miele. I have nothing bad to say - the thing is built like a tank, does a great job cleaning dishes, and is super quiet. Our previous Miele was over 20 years old when we replaced it. Generally a load a day with no repairs during that time...

Thanks, everyone! Bought a Bosch and it gets installed next week. Hoping to at least get 10 years out of it but hey there are no guarantees.
Glad you could find one. Ours is pushing 16 years old (800 series). Only issue with it has been over the past 2 years the motor has gotten progressively more noisy, to the point you can hear it anywhere in the house. Repair guy said better to replace unit vs motor. We have had one on order since April 2021 and last update is now looking at 2023 delivery.

I'll 2nd Bosch 800 series. Bosch are designed to last 20 yrs. Well worth the investment instead of replacing a lesser brand every 4 or 5 yrs.

We have a Bosch purchased/installed in 2008 and love it. Worth the money and quiet. So nearing 15 years old and daily use for family of 5.

Back