Discounttires.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've purchaced four sets of 4 tires(16 tires) from discounttiredirect. 4 rims too! The online only tire store. Their website is different than the one that you provided.

"Discount Tire Direct" is associated with "Discount Tire / America's Tire" - the HUGE tire and wheel retailer (over 700 stores!). "Discounttires.com" is not.

Plus, there are many places with the words "Discount" and "Tire" in their name that are also not associated with "Discount Tire / America's Tire!

Be careful you know which is which!

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Be careful you know which is which!

I agree, this was my response, in the same vein, on page 1 to his post.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
True! The one with the S at the end of the word tire, is not associated with Discount Tire or it's online company Discount Tire Direct.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Steve,

Where in Sunny Florida are you located ?

Tire Kingdom charges $12 per tire to mount and balance.

Greater Tampa bay area.

I bought 4 tires there recently. They have great prices. Shipping was fast. Discounttires.com is out of California. Nobody could even come close to their prices.

For me, treadepot.com was cheaper and their ground UPS shipping ended up being just 1 day since it was fairly close to me.

Bought 4 Pirelli's P4 Four Season tires - 215/70R15 - 85,000 mile tire, for $296.15 shipped (there's a $25 coupon code that I used).

Local tire store mounted, balanced, new valves and stems for $40 total for all 4 ($10 each), no extra tax or fees, plus he disposed of the old ones for no extra charge. And this guy... or rather store, is not a mom and pop operation. They sale new tires (and used), tune ups, oil changes, suspension work (shocks/struts), etc. with a 4 bay garage. He's not the biggest around but does a LOT of business.

After getting quotes from various places, included this place, I spent the same amount of money over all... BUT locally the tires were 35-40k mile tires (various cheaper brands). So I got what I think is a pretty nice tire that should last a LOT longer for the same money.

Before buying online I went to this place mentioned above and talked the man in charge (not sure if he was a manager or the owner), because they were the friendliest tire store I had visited. And I just told the guy I'm having to stretch every dollar the farthest it go right now and I found some tires online that will allow me to do that and asked what he would charge to install them for me. He told me $10 each. I don't know if that was a special price or his typical price but when I actually went there a few days later, the total at the bottom of the invoice was $40.

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
www.discounttires.com Anyone ever buy from them? I can get four Goodyear Integritys shipped for $222.72. Not a bad deal at all IMO.

http://discounttires.com/product_detail....&prodID=733

I bought from them several times. They are often marginally cheaper than Tire Rack from what I looked at. Tire Rack can have a better selection. I had no issues with them and would consider them again. You have to weigh out installation costs to see if it's worth it for you! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back