Just bought some Goodyear Wrangler Radials. How are these tires?

Let's review that this thread is about. The OP wanted real life experiences with Goodyear Wranger tires and WalMart. I told him my experience. It doesn't matter that it was 1 day ago, 1 month ago, or 10 years ago. Their policy hasn't changed. Don't believe me? Go talk to the TLE manager and review what they say about their road hazard warranty....or lack thereof.
What's REALLY silly are your posts. You bring no advice to this site, just negativity and bitterness from the temperament of an old crabby man probably more than 95% of the time. I would go review your posts to verify that...but you're not worth my time.
I hear the block feature works if you don't like my posts . I just call it like I see it. If you don't like my posts you have options.

Let's review that this thread is about. The OP wanted real life experiences with Goodyear Wranger tires and WalMart. I told him my experience. It doesn't matter that it was 1 day ago, 1 month ago, or 10 years ago. Their policy hasn't changed. Don't believe me? Go talk to the TLE manager and review what they say about their road hazard warranty....or lack thereof.
What's REALLY silly are your posts. You bring no advice to this site, just negativity and bitterness from the temperament of an old crabby man probably more than 95% of the time. I would go review your posts to verify that...but you're not worth my time.
Yes - everything 10 years ago is relevant for today - LoL 😂

Since the OP has already purchased this tire, my opinion on it won't matter. But here goes:
It must have been close to 10 years ago, but I purchased four of these for my '96 Jeep Cherokee. The price was okay and since I live away from pavement, I thought it was the tire to buy. Three of these tires did okay, the fourth tire got some severe cracking around each lug. These tires were rotated regularly, my Jeep had no front end or alignment problems and it only happened to one tire with way under 20K miles on it. I purchased them at Walmart, and I went back and showed them the tire. They admitted there was a problem with it. The TLE manager asked it I had purchased the road hazard warranty. I told him that I didn't. "Well, we can't do anything about your tire then." I told him that it wasn't a road hazard problem, it was a tire manufacturing problem. "Yes, I know. But we still won't do anything about your tire because you didn't purchase the road hazard warranty." I then asked him if he would ride in the vehicle with this tire underneath him. "Oh, heck, NO!, That tire is unsafe!"
So no more Goodyear tires for me. And Cooper tires are not on my buying list either.
How old were the tires at the time?

I was reading the current Goodyear tire warranty, and it appears they would cover that severe cracking so long as the tire is less than 4 years old.

An old design, probably a bit louder and not as good in mixed wet/dry/snowy conditions as the new offerings but just fine. A cheap or old design NEW tire is still probably 1,000x better than a worn out good tire.

Back