Diesel VS Gas Prices

Here in Southernish Florida diesel and gas are equal in most areas with diesel being a few cents less than gas in others. Took this today at a Texaco. First time I’ve seen diesel and gas the same or less in a long time. I’ll take it!!! Murphy’s oils is even less $1.99 for diesel and gas and Costco is $1.96 diesel and $1.99 gas. What’s your area like??
1F851E4C-7FE3-47AB-8796-81DFB56EE97E.jpeg

There is one station here in town where diesel is a few cents less than gasoline. Most of them it is 10-60 cents higher a gallon.

Diesel has always been less than premium around here. Not sure what the actual difference is anymore, but diesel is around $2.20 give or take.

I don't fill up the Atlas enough to remember prices.

Reminds me, I was doing some random streetview browsing the other day and a gas station sign caught my eye. Everyone knows CA gas prices are probably the highest in the nation, but I did a double-take when I saw the price sign outside of this Chevron in Furnace Creek, CA. I'd probably drive a Prius too if I lived out there.

Image from May 2012 according to Google.

Diesel was cheaper than regular back then at that place. Maybe because it evaporates slower in that area (Just kidding).

Untitled.jpg

Current prices at the local Racetrack, Diesel on par with midgrade. That's about what I normally see. Used to be maybe $.10-20 higher than premium.

87 / $1.94
89 / $2.18
93 / $2.44
B5 / $2.15

Last edited:
Reminds me, I was doing some random streetview browsing the other day and a gas station sign caught my eye. Everyone knows CA gas prices are probably the highest in the nation, but I did a double-take when I saw the price sign outside of this Chevron in Furnace Creek, CA. I'd probably drive a Prius too if I lived out there.

Image from May 2012 according to Google.

Diesel was cheaper than regular back then at that place. Maybe because it evaporates slower in that area (Just kidding).

View attachment 27356

Current prices at the local Racetrack, Diesel on par with midgrade. That's about what I normally see. Used to be maybe $.10-20 higher than premium.

87 / $1.94
89 / $2.18
93 / $2.44
B5 / $2.15
There is a little " town" called Fenner,Ca about 50m west of the Az border on 40. They generate their own electricity. Gas there is usually $6+ per gallon.

Here in Phoenix, Diesel is about 10 cents more than regular except at Costco and Sam's Club where it's about 40 cents cheaper. $1.79 for Top Tier Diesel at Costco or $2.48 at the local QT. No idea why there's such a significance price spread. Gas is only about a 10 cent spread between Costco and the station across the street.

Lima, OH 45805, Meijer Gas Station (I work there)
2.03 Reg (E10 87)
2.33 Mid (E10 89)
2.63 Prem (E10 93)
2.39 Diesel
3.99 K-1

Back in 1988 when I purchased my 7.3 diesel F250 diesel was below the price of regular 87 grade gas (as it should be)
Have times changes, for the longest time diesel has been costing MORE than premium grade 93 octane gas.
SE Pa ... it's shameful and painful on the wallet.

Diesel is about the same as 87 octane gasoline locally, but varies wildly in Illinois. We have a fleet discount fuel card that makes our fuel at truck stops about 40 cents to $1.00 cheaper than the lowest octane gasoline. The catch is you have to fuel in the semi lanes, which feels a bit awkward if you don't have a trailer, but that happens rarely. If you are towing a trailer, then fueling in the truck lanes is wonderful. We used to pull a 30' travel trailer through the car retail lanes and that's a serious pain.

Back