diesel oil okay for use w/ Auto Rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris:

I sure hope so, as I've done Auto-RX treatments on two cars using Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40 (found a couple of cases at a Wal-Mart closeout awhile back for $1/qt). No adverse effects, however I haven't noticed the big improvements cited by others, either.

I used Rotella T 15W40 on my high mileage GM 5.7L gas engine during the first cleaning cycle of AutoRX last August, simply because I had some around. For the first rinse and second treatment cycle, I found a fleet 10W-30 diesel oil for $4 a gallon that I used.

This engine had leaky seals, and used about a quart every 1,500 miles. Since the AutoRX, seals do not appear to be leaking any longer, and consumption is zero. Peering in through the oil filler of the valve cover, things look remarkably clean in there now.

just curious is some Shell Rimula or Delo 400 15w-40 is okay for a 1000mi run Auto Rx? and of course again after ward for 500 miles or so as a flush?

I will re test again after I then go to GC 0w-30 for 6500miles. itll be a while like prolly end of winter or spring even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back