Did Pennzoil change their label?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Walmart to pick up a fresh jug of Pennzoil for my '19 WRX and saw a new label. Used the Pureplus for all my changes thus far, i'm assuming this is the same product with a new label. Don't like how it dropped the "made for modern turbo engines" badge though. So just to confirm, is this the same mix or not? Gotta say I miss the old days of driving my crap box, it burned/leaked so much oil i'd just top it off every other week with whatever was the cheapest oil on the shelf. Went like 3 years and 40k without doing a proper oil change and it was the tranny that sent that car to the junk yard. Now I gotta think about and worry about what I put in my car.

20190804_000412.jpg

Last edited:
SN+ and d1G2 is all that matters.
The badge presence/absence alone can't improve/degrade any oil characteristics:)

Or buy RGT - this one is new so chances of getting an old stock are basically 0

Originally Posted by wemay
Yeah, posted about this in May...
It's just a new label. All the specs are the same. The "turbo engine" reference was to denote this oil is SN+.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...118990/pennzoil-platinum-new-front-label

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
The Subaru Idemitsu 5W30 is killer.
Then you don't have to worry.

Ohh man dude I spent weeks picking out the Pennzoil, plus I can get it at Walmart. Dunno if I can start trying to pick out another oil. At least not till i start modding and need to switch to 5/40 weight
Originally Posted by SlavaB
SN+ and d1G2 is all that matters.
The badge presence/absence alone can't improve/degrade any oil characteristics:)

Or buy RGT - this one is new so chances of getting an old stock are basically 0

Sorry out of the loop, whats RGT?

RGT = Shell Rotella Gas Truck
We do have VOA for 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 on bitog
They also have $10 rebate going on right now

Tryin to pick another oil? You never know what you are getting plus the Pennzoil is just a wax oil - even though it is a true synthesized molecule - its not that slickery PAO or POA you know as SYNTHETIC.

You just go to the subaru dealer and grab a case of Subaru oil and they can't blame you..

It s got killer Moly boost to keep the engine alive.

Nothing else has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back