Diamond SPIII in a Freestar (replacing Mercon V)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -

I have a case of Diamond SPIII in the garage that I can no longer use - sold my Montero. Can I safely use in my Freestar van?

Thanks!

If you don't, I'll use it in my Ford, Toyota, Chevy, and Mazda. Just ship it to me freely.

Just don't use it for an extended ATF OCI and make sure you perform the overnight battery disconnect after the flush.

jcasaccio:

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but: UnDummy, extended OCI on SPIII = >30k miles? And what's up with the battery disconnect after a flush? Unique to SPIII or the vehicle?

dkryan:
It's a good idea to disconnect the battery after changing to a different ATF. This will reset the computer, and force it to re-learn using the new fluid. Different types or brands of fluid may have different friction characteristics that affect shift firmness, etc.

Jeff

If your transmission fails while running SPIII, will unDummy pay for a transmission rebuild?
smirk.gif

Once you have some work experience Critic, you'll understand that incompatibilities are grossly overexaggerated. Who are you to roll eyes at anyone? you seem not capable of doing anything with asking for 20 options and options?

And, no, I don't pay for rebuilds. But, with ALL the recommendations made here, why not add that worthless comment to every ---- thread posted in any and all members recommendations?

SPIII is JASO certified and also meets Mitsu's visc specs. Its nothing special. It actually should work pretty well in a MerconV tranny.

Oh,he does.Just look at every post I've ever made in this section.By the way I've run everything but spIII in my Galant and it still hasn't grenaded.

Undummy hasn't steered me wrong yet.Turned me on to ATF+4 and the gradual fluid change.Both have served me well,more constructive than the backbiting some others offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back