Delo 5w40 anyone using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cheaper than T6 rotella but haven't heard much about it as far as applications for gas motors like motorcycles or outboard motors in addition to diesel motors. I have run T6 for years in a 4.0 Jeep Wrangler and my buddy runs it in his Yamaha outboard and lawnmowers. Just curious if it would be a good candidate for a universal type oil.

Last edited:
I own a 2011 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie with the 6.7 Cummins. I have used the Deli 5w40 a few years back. It is a good oil, no issues or complaints. However, after that I have stayed with Shell Rotella T6 5w40, which is also a decent oil. I had trouble in the past finding the Deli 5w40. The Shell Rotella T6 5w40 is very easy to find and usually cheaper. But with the Deli 5w40 is a good oil you can't go wrong in my opinion.

Quality oil from what Ive seen, just like others have said its much harder to find than the T6, so I personally havent used it.

I was using Delo 5w-40 XSP for my 2018 Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T, but a Hyundai form member who I trust, had a tuner car he was running and it was foaming big time. He would put it through the paces and then change his oil fast and he always got a pan of bubbles. Other oil doesn't do this he said. I then took my car out and "sport run" it in a warehouse area and pulled the dip stick and found a load of bubbled oil on it. I dumped it the next day. I want to like it, but I don't trust it for turbo gas after seeing what I saw and what he said.

Originally Posted by Sealbilly
It's cheaper than T6 rotella but haven't heard much about it as far as applications for gas motors like motorcycles

Since Shell Rotella is the ONLY diesel oil that has JASO on the back of the jug (safe for motorcycles), then I personally wouldn't run anything but Rotella in a motorcycle. If I was going to run a heavy duty engine oil. I just buy the Valvoline Motorcycle oil at Walmart at $4 per quart, as it shifts wonderfully and is cheap.

I've used it on and off for years-- when Walmart first started carrying it, it was significantly cheaper than T6; the prices are similar now.

I have no diesel vehicles so I can't say how it runs in those engines specifically, but it does fine in my gas engines. I have a recent UOA using it.

I have never seen the Delo 5w40 at a lower price than Rotella T6. Once in a while, the Delo 5w40 would be the same price as Rotella T6. They are both great choices, just pick one that you like. I have used the Rotella T6 for many years in my Ram Cummins Diesel with no worries.All Rotella oils are sold everywhere, easy to find.

I have no doubt that Delo is a great oil, but I'd get T6 based on prices and availability.

TSC 2.5 Gal Rotella T6

Rotella Rebates
Buy T6 online at TSC for $43.99 and get a $17.50 rebate. That's $26.49 for 10 quarts.

2CF72960-84E7-4131-8CDD-8C4BE1E0BE72.png

D72CB6D9-0C1C-4AFD-939A-15E304C8BA7A.png

I use harvest king 5w40 since delo or rotella 5w40 is hard to find here since it is always sold out or on back order. But delo along with rotella are great oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back