Definition of boutique

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can run this next OCI. Gives you all the warm fuzzies.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Marco620
Following ...

I catch grief for overkill oil on my Honda with Redline and Archoil. I paid the car off brand new in less than 24 months. Gave Honda my used Hyundai and 800.00 a month. Not worried severely on oci cost. I like using top tier products when I can. Got a 350,000.00 house and people whine over 70.00 a gallon for Sherwin Williams paint?Paint is cheap insurance on protection. The only time I will for sure go back to Redline 0w20 is visit my aunt and uncle in Alberta or Alaska. Cant second guess or cut corners in -40 or less.

I can understand how you feel, but in all honesty SWP $70/gallon paint is a bad example.
wink.gif
There are a lot of paints I have used over the past 40+ years professionally that are as good or better than SWP and cost quite a bit less. There are plenty of non-boutique oils on the shelves in retail stores that are very good too. They have logged billions of miles protecting engines very well, right out of the jug.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
I like transparancy regardless of the company. I hate the word "proprietary." It's a word that is 100% guaranteed to send me out the door and to the competition.

It makes me laugh because as long as one can afford the various tests involved, their 'triple top secret, double unknowable formulation' is exposed ANYWAY! LOL

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I looked at a bottle of Royal Purple at Walmart yesterday and noticed it's no longer made in Porter,Texas and the bottles are no longer made in Schulenburg,Texas. It was truly a "mom and pop" boutique oil before the corp sellout. I don't understand why the 5 quart jugs aren't $20 at Walmart. The individual quarts are the same price as Edge,M1,etc. So why are the 5 quart jugs $40? If it was the same price as the other 5 quart jugs I would try it.

I don't understand why their price is so high either, it seems like the same stuff as everything else nowadays. Have a guy at work who swears buy it, but then again the guy isn't the brightest bulb.

Originally Posted by sloinker
You guys kill me. Next thing you will want KFC to divulge its secret recipe on its finger lickin' good fried chicken or Dr. Pepper to fess up to the ingredients for its magic elixer.

There's a reason I haven't eaten KFC nor drank Dr. Pepper in years.

It has nothing to do with transparency. I just think they both taste like [censored].
smile.gif

Next thing you will say is you hate black licorice. Blasphemer!

I like transparancy regardless of the company. I hate the word "proprietary." It's a word that is 100% gauranteed to send me out the door and to the competition.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any open source oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back