'Dear California jackhole...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
These rarely used spots take away usable spots from other customers.
Fail.

Tesla chargers are usually located at the far end of the available parking spaces. Also, since they are usually pay for it or have some arrangements with the lot owners to install chargers for their customers, it is absolutely a legitimate use of their properties.

Many places like to have Tesla install their chargers, this will enable Tesla owners to stay there for half hour or longer for shopping or dining.

Many shopping centers, hotel ... in So Cal now have some paying public charging stations in prime spots.

Look at this charger station, it is far away from the main parking lot.

tesla-supercharger-sarj-charge-istasyon-station.jpg

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

No government money is involved with Tesla charging stations anywhere in the world.

4.9 billion in government subsidies for Tesla.

I'd say a LOT of government money is involved with Tesla charging stations.

Originally Posted By: Subdued
No government money is involved with Tesla charging stations anywhere in the world.

4.9 billion in government subsidies for Tesla.

I'd say a LOT of government money is involved with Tesla charging stations.

The $4.9B subsidies story by LA Times was debunked a year ago. The original story of $4.9B subsidies is below. When was SolarCity a division of Tesla ?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

Do you have any proof that Tesla had any government subsidy in building the charger stations ? If you don't have any supporting data about this charging station built with government money, don't spread the lie.

Tesla buyers had up to $7500 Federal tax credit just like any other EV buyer, including foreign car makers like BMW i3, Nissan Leaf ... And LA Times included this $7500 Federal tax credit to buyer as subsidies to Tesla. Tesla didn't receive 1 penny from this then why it is a subsidy ?

If you count this as subsidy to Tesla then it is okay for US government to subsidize BMW, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Fiat, Audi ... but not to an American company ?

Tesla didn't have any specific subsidy by Federal or state or local government just for them that was not available to others, they have incentives just like any other company, no better nor worse.

When is the carbon credit that Tesla sold to other car companies become a government subsidy ? Any car company that sells zero emission vehicle in California has that carbon credit to use or to sell to other companies. Why is this a subsidy ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bvance554

Whew he is really screwing you over with his $0.83 of electricity per day. That just sounds smart to me. Aren't there bigger issues to worry about?

Corruption is corruption, but it is a gray area. teachers are allowed to use school electricity for personal devices like phones, laptops, etc.

There was an educator down here who was dinged for charging their car at a school, however.

Are these Tesla charging stations reserved just for Teslas, or are other electric vehicles allowed to use them too?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Yeh he is pretty lame for taking up 3 spots

But getting to the real issue ....

Why is it that just because someone paid $100000 for a car they should get a special parking spot?!?

How about when the lot is full except for the special spots?
Get rid of them!
Like taking a 2 lane road down to one so there can be a rarely used bike lane.... what a waste of space!

I pay my taxes too mofo's!

You realize running the electricity typically at building is far cheaper and easier then running down the road??

Local mall here just got a supercharger station. Their spaces are all the way in the back, next to the dumpsters.

I have noticed that it is pretty easy to find all the spaces taken up by Model S's (haven't seen any X's yet, or roadsters), and that the presence of the station never seems to intrude on lot capacity.

I think Elon was smart enough to realize that there is not yet enough Tesla love to have prime spaces eaten up by his charging stations.

I have seen charging stations for regular electric cars that eat up prime spaces, but only one or two at a time.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

I have seen charging stations for regular electric cars that eat up prime spaces, but only one or two at a time.

We have a lot of those around here. They don't waste spaces. Because the electric car owners use them as "Prime Parking" when available and they don't need a charge. More the Tesla owners than the Prius. Pop in, do your errands, pop out and don't plug in. Who cares about the other folks?

Last edited:
Unplug, give the cord to the guard or take it down to the police station with a photo and let this inconsiderate driver go face someone, hopefully in shame.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Or walk by and unplug it haha.

Local mall here just got a supercharger station. Their spaces are all the way in the back, next to the dumpsters.

I have noticed that it is pretty easy to find all the spaces taken up by Model S's (haven't seen any X's yet, or roadsters), and that the presence of the station never seems to intrude on lot capacity.

I think Elon was smart enough to realize that there is not yet enough Tesla love to have prime spaces eaten up by his charging stations.

We have more zero emission, mostly battery, vehicles in California than any other state. Almost all good size shopping centers have regular chargers at prime parking spots, but they may not have Tesla chargers if they are located far away from a major highway. Many hotels have prime parking spot for electric vehicles too.

If you look at Tesla supercharger stations all over the country you will see that they are located near(but not too close) restaurant(s) or shopping center. Tesla drivers can walk few hundreds feet, after plugged in charger, to a restaurant to have a snack or dinner, while his car is charged for up to 30 minutes or longer.

As you noticed, Tesla isn't too dumb in selecting a prime parking spot for their chargers. Also, parking far away from public would be safer from vandalizing.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Are these Tesla charging stations reserved just for Teslas, or are other electric vehicles allowed to use them too?

Tesla supercharger stations are for Tesla vehicle only. Other electric vehicles can't use it because it has different plug.

We have more zero emission, mostly battery, vehicles in California than any other state. Almost all good size shopping centers have regular chargers at prime parking spots, but they may not have Tesla chargers if they are located far away from a major highway. Many hotels have prime parking spot for electric vehicles too.

If you look at Tesla supercharger stations all over the country you will see that they are located near(but not too close) restaurant(s) or shopping center. Tesla drivers can walk few hundreds feet, after plugged in charger, to a restaurant to have a snack or dinner, while his car is charged for up to 30 minutes or longer.

As you noticed, Tesla isn't too dumb in selecting a prime parking spot for their chargers. Also, parking far away from public would be safer from vandalizing.

They are really not 0 emission cars. The pollution from some kind of power generation is just out of sight and out of mind for the easy to fool greennie. Californians seem easy to fool.

The battery electric vehicles are zero tail pipe emission. They have no tail pipe at all.

The electric to charge the battery is another story. Someone have solar panels and using it to charge the battery then it is a true zero emission vehicle.

The same can be said about hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, they emit no emission but producing hydrogen may or may not pollute the air, depends on power source.

Remember, not only California defines battery vehicles are zero emission, Federal government classifies it as zero emission vehicles too. That why Federal government gives up to $7500 tax incentive to buyers of electric vehicles, and some plug-in hybrids.

If car companies must provide clean source of electricity to charge their battery vehicles to be able to say it is zero emission car, then no one will be able to comply with it.

You need to understand that a company can do certain thing, and something else are not under their control.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O

We have a lot of those around here. They don't waste spaces. Because the electric car owners use them as "Prime Parking" when available and they don't need a charge. More the Tesla owners than the Prius. Pop in, do your errands, pop out and don't plug in. Who cares about the other folks?

You realize though this is by decree of the property owner.
If you're angry, they are the ones you should get mad at because they are the ones specially set up the spaces for tesla or electric they want to draw those clients.

There is no right to a private parking lot, it's still private property for the owners to do what they like on it as long as it isn't illegal.

It's like you guys ar mad at a senior citizen for getting a senior citizen movie discount and taking up the seats in the theater when you paid full price. It doesn't make sense to get mad at the seniors; get mad at the Theater for offering that discount.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

You realize though this is by decree of the property owner.
If you're angry, they are the ones you should get mad at because they are the ones specially set up the spaces for tesla or electric they want to draw those clients.

Buddy, around here they are paid for with my tax dollars. I don't object to charging stations, I object to them being abused as I described. No where did I say I was against electric cars or the infrastructure to support them.

And they aren't using them to charge. Just priority parking because they have a Tesla. They don't even hook it up...

Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper
Must be a relative of the same people that pump gas and leave their cars sitting there and go in to buy lottery tickets.

Go into a filling station and all the pumps are occupied with cars with no-one in them..whats up with that?

This seems to be the norm everywhere I travel. I like it when they return to car and scratch the tickets all the while blocking pumps .

Originally Posted By: Neely97
Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper
Must be a relative of the same people that pump gas and leave their cars sitting there and go in to buy lottery tickets.

Go into a filling station and all the pumps are occupied with cars with no-one in them..whats up with that?

This seems to be the norm everywhere I travel. I like it when they return to car and scratch the tickets all the while blocking pumps .

If no bank will issue you a credit card to use at the pump you have to go into the store twice to prepay and get change. The store doesn't mind b/c the margin on stuff inside way beats the money made on gas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back