Dealing with lack of trust

Dont take it personal, there can be many reasons, the person wants to feel secure knowing everything is properly done.
One other thing not mentioned in here is certified funds will clear much faster then non certified and the money can be put to use much faster.

I'm with the OP on this. If a family member needed a loan or money and I'm willing to write a check, I'm not happy if they want me to schlep to the bank in person and take an hour of my time to get the check certified.

Without going into full details this is a close long term associate/'friend' that is insisting on what might be called the equivalent of a certified bank draft over a personal cheque. I should say that I have NEVER given anybody ANY reason for them to suspect me of being underhanded. Many times I have dealt with matters such as this by word or handshake.
I am a little taken back by this. The truth is, if I wanted to screw this person over, I could do so with little or no effort, and they should realise this.

Maybe I should just let this pass, but part of me wants to bring this to the front.

Can I trust someone who does not trust me ? Are they just being formal for the sake of being formal ?
Unlike a personal check certified funds typically do not result in a deposit hold.

Back