Dealerships that far behind in service?

Couple questions: no attitude or trying to be a smart donkey. Just seen & heard so many sad stories last couple years about auto repairs , both private and dealerships that were unheard of not very long ago. *I truly hope you find it is a simple split or lose hose.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1 If you all live in COLD area did the bottle have pure h20 or the winter / weather fluid to prevent freezing? If not you will likely deal with it again.
#2 Any place you call or try to schedule with ...... do yourself a big favor and ask if they are in stock or take 6mo from China. UGH! Almost every thing seems to be xx months out these days. Good luck.
Someone told me the recently waited 6-8 months for a small simple cosmetic part for their 2 yr old Dodge Charger.

update. pulled the lower cover and could see the whole bottle assembly without removing the bumper. looks pretty easy to R& R . pour water into it and there is leak where the upper and lower are seamed together.

now i am at a quandry. a new bottle is $75 delivered. even though it should be covered under warranty i am leery they will say it cracked because of freezing which i know is not the issue. and charge me i keep -20 fluid in it and the lowest its got this year is 17 F.

also , i would need to take the car to them and get a ride back and forth. your opinion, should i jsut replace it on my dime or take my chances at the dealer ?

update. pulled the lower cover and could see the whole bottle assembly without removing the bumper. looks pretty easy to R& R . pour water into it and there is leak where the upper and lower are seamed together.

now i am at a quandry. a new bottle is $75 delivered. even though it should be covered under warranty i am leery they will say it cracked because of freezing which i know is not the issue. and charge me i keep -20 fluid in it and the lowest its got this year is 17 F.

also , i would need to take the car to them and get a ride back and forth. your opinion, should i jsut replace it on my dime or take my chances at the dealer ?

If it's an easy job for $75 I'd just diy and save the hassle of dealing with the dealer.

They're going to have it for a day, not have the part. They'll have to order it and you'll have to make a return visit...not worth the time and frustration.

I just booked an express service for the Toyota - January 9th - its still under warranty and so far they have been free so I will keep going as long as they are. They had lots of appointments online earlier, but that day worked for me.

Getting into the actual shop takes longer - last summer was about 2 weeks, however if you were willing to leave the care they will "work it in". We left ours - we have 2 others so no biggie. Think they had it about 3 days.

Likely regional and brand dependent?

I'd pick up the phone and call to make an appointment
The online scheduling systems, I find, are very inaccurate for availability. When I call I have better options. However, they're still 7-14 days out to schedule an oil change quite often (you can just drop off and wait, too).

I just booked an express service for the Toyota - January 9th - its still under warranty and so far they have been free so I will keep going as long as they are. They had lots of appointments online earlier, but that day worked for me.

Getting into the actual shop takes longer - last summer was about 2 weeks, however if you were willing to leave the care they will "work it in". We left ours - we have 2 others so no biggie. Think they had it about 3 days.

Likely regional and brand dependent?
express services as in oil change? i don't think there are issues getting those kind of services , but getting them to look at anything other is backed up . one of the dealer i did try to call and left multiple messages without a return call .

My local Cadillac dealer is 3+ weeks out, and there's no loaners
Unacceptable IMO for a luxury brand, and how much she pays a month
She's also a 6 cars in with them, since 2004, so she's a returning customer for sure

We are wide freaking open, and depending how bad the day is going, I might be the only parts person and just a little testy about it. Staffing is an issue, demand is an issue, I promise most of us are trying.

Little tip, if you need a CR2032, they have those at CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart. I promise the quality is the same, and I'm not opening your crusty, dirty remote for you anyway.

Also I cannot schedule service appointments, I know they are busy, as am I, but I can't even do anything in that part of Dealer Track.

Also, I promise I am not the Ram/Dodge dealer, that's why it says Chevy outside, and we haven't had Mitsubishi for like 7 years.

Last edited:
My tip is to buy a multi pack of name brand ones
...and buy them in a store (yeah, you'll pay a little more) but look for ones that you can read "Made in Japan" on the battery cells.

Ha the SA will put the key fob batteries in for free to try to be a hero.
When my sister bought her Infiniti, they changed her fob battery roughly every 2 oil changes as "complimentary". 🙄

We are wide freaking open, and depending how bad the day is going, I might be the only parts person and just a little testy about it. Staffing is an issue, demand is an issue, I promise most of us are trying.

Little tip, if you need a CR2032, they have those at CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart. I promise the quality is the same, and I'm not opening your crusty, dirty remote for you anyway.

Also I cannot schedule service appointments, I know they are busy, as am I, but I can't even do anything in that part of Dealer Track.

Also, I promise I am not the Ram/Dodge dealer, that's why it says Chevy outside, and we haven't had Mitsubishi for like 7 years.

What's fun is we get sent service calls because "parts always answers the phone" which is true, but I'm not a miracle worker.

Also what is fun is Mazda's online appointment system is incapable of communicating with DealerTrack. So there is always an unknown number of mystery Mazda appointments everyday.

Ha the SA will put the key fob batteries in for free to try to be a hero. I charge on the service side.

My tip is to buy a multi pack of name brand ones and change them every year or 2 on the same day pick an easy day.
We tried something once that backfired big time. Coworker found these huge sheets of blister pack absolutely no name, no brand CR2032s at a flea market or something. For about a minute, we thought we had solved a problem. Then people came back, and it was "y'all just sold me this battery..." So now we at least get Duracells. 🤣

We tried something once that backfired big time. Coworker found these huge sheets of blister pack absolutely no name, no brand CR2032s at a flea market or something. For about a minute, we thought we had solved a problem. Then people came back, and it was "y'all just sold me this battery..." So now we at least get Duracells. 🤣
Oh definitely I bought some maxell 2032 and only a couple worked and not well. Last time I got 10 energizer branded ones all ok so far

Back