Dealership Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called my Hyundai dealer yesterday. New hyundais are speced for 5w-20 oil. I wanted to know if that spec was retroactive, or only for new cars. The guy at the service desk said "5w-20? Does that even exist? We use 5w-30 for everything."

I'm thinking about emailing Hyundai corporate and getting their take on it.

They're only speced for 5W-20 because carmakers seemed to have discovered recently that you can achieve .01% fuel mileage increase due to decreased frictional losses with lighter weight oil. It's so unimportant, in fact that they haven't even notified all of their service departments about it yet.

Hyundai's corporate response to dealership warranty and service "irregularities" have on occasion been along the lines of, "Our dealers are independent businesses over which we have no control regarding their individual warranty fulfillment and service practices. Thank you for your purchase and continued support of Hyundai products. We sincerely hope your Hyundai experience is a pleasant one and look forward to your future purchases of Hyundai vehicles which include America's Best Warranty as well as liberal rebate and discount offers. "

quote:

Originally posted by Clement:
.... The guy at the service desk said "5w-20? Does that even exist? We use 5w-30 for everything."

I bet you'd get that exact response from 9 out 10 dealerships regardless of make. Thank gawd for BITOG!
patriot.gif

Joel

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Hyundai's corporate response to dealership warranty and service "irregularities" have on occasion been along the lines of, "Our dealers are independent businesses over which we have no control regarding their individual warranty fulfillment and service practices. Thank you for your purchase and continued support of Hyundai products. We sincerely hope your Hyundai experience is a pleasant one and look forward to your future purchases of Hyundai vehicles which include America's Best Warranty as well as liberal rebate and discount offers. "

They obviously hired their customer service people away from Toyota USA. Same line, no training required.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:

They obviously hired their customer service people away from Toyota USA. Same line, no training required.
lol.gif

I got the same type of "response" from several car companies, including American.
mad.gif
Basically The Finger, and in the same breath say "but we hope Mr. Vuser you'll still consider our vehicles with your next purchase/screwing. OOps, did I say that? They told us not to be specific in our phone services.
pat.gif
"

Most people at the dealership do not know anything about cars in general, let alone the cars they sell/work on. The only ones that have any clue at the dealership are the mechanics, but even then that could be suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back