[Cut} Quaker State QS14006 8,500 miles/4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled off our '99 Malibu with the 2.4L Twin-Cam. Mixed but mostly highway miles. Oil was Formula Shell with some Quaker State as topoff.

Whole view:
qs36.jpg

Media:

qs37.jpg

qs40.jpg

Seam:

qs38.jpg

qs39.jpg

Media layed out:

qs41.jpg

qs42.jpg

Did the job but I'm switching to P1's for this car since I've had ADBV issues after 5k miles.

I'm sure the waviness has no bad effect on filtration but their is something satisfying about the perfect pleats of a Hengst filter when I remove it from my Ecotec (as popposed to waviness in Purolators)....

Usually wavy pleats means water intrusion,did the car see shorts trips some idling also?? use any coolant??

I thought that before too, but a previous UOA showed no water or coolant (filter looked similar). No coolant consumption. The car does see it's share of around-town short trips, too, so I guess I'm not surprised it looks that way.

In a few months I should have a P1 with similar miles hacked up, we'll see how it compares.

Basic condensation will not show up in UOAs if the sample is properly taken,i would say thats why the wavy pleats,this is why i like steel crimped pleat ends,its tough on glued ends when the pleats bend like that.

but other wise looks fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back