[Cut Open] Denso 150-2002 - 7,750 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran this filter on the CX-5 for 5 months and roughly 7,750 miles. Very well built filter, a great bargain buy on RA.

If anyone can figure out how to flip the orientation on mobile, please let me know.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm impressed. I wasn't concerned of poor build quality, but I wasn't expecting it to be this good. The ADBV was extremely pliable still, probably the most pliable one I've encountered yet, it also didn't simply sit on top. I actually needed a flat head to pop it loose from the threads. Glad I bought two of them.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Sometimes an image resizer works. Cropping to a square works also.

Just take photos in landscape as you'd like them to appear in the post. Seems most chat boards only like showing photos in landscape when uploaded from a cell phone.

Originally Posted by RamFan
I'm impressed. I wasn't concerned of poor build quality, but I wasn't expecting it to be this good. The ADBV was extremely pliable still, probably the most pliable one I've encountered yet, it also didn't simply sit on top. I actually needed a flat head to pop it loose from the threads. Glad I bought two of them.

Looks real good
smile.gif

What went back in and on? Thank You for c&p
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by RamFan

Looks real good
smile.gif

What went back in and on? Thank You for c&p
smile.gif

Used another Denso and filled with Edge EP 0w20.

Originally Posted by jrvn
any idea where the DENSO Filters are made? I think the might be of Korean make these days

Yes, I believe COO was Korea on these.

any idea where the DENSO Filters are made? I think the might be of Korean make these days
Most anecdotal information posted here show Denso FTF 'black can' filters to now have a China coo. Possible I suppose, production moved to Korea since link made, however considering more recent confirmation threads I'd think that unlikely.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...oil-filters-new-part-numbers#Post3813439

As for filter, construction looks respectable though if it's important I've not seen any efficiency specs. That makes them similar to some other OFs with same coo.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac

As for filter, construction looks respectable though if it's important I've not seen any efficiency specs. That makes them similar to some other OFs with same coo.

Thanks for c&p.

I've reached out to Denso looking for this info, hopefully I can update with a response in the next few days.

I'd very surprised if Denso gives out efficiency data when asked.

Their website claims two layers of media and silicone asbv. Can be black color silicone.They also show a picture of the Thailand element, and red adbv but like you show, it is not. How much space is there for the adbv to open, don't see much "neck" on the end cap. Looks excellent though.

They're good filters , I have never used a China made filter, but one would think that they would set the production standards. I know that you can buy one for a Yamaha Outboard for $21.00. BS

With the exception of the ADBV, that looks a lot like the 1WPE-14-302 Mazda oil filter. I wonder if the rest of the specs match?

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
With the exception of the ADBV, that looks a lot like the 1WPE-14-302 Mazda oil filter. I wonder if the rest of the specs match?

Hard to know if the specs match considering Mazda won't release specs on its "special" filter. Hopefully (not likely) Denso responds to my request.

To update the board, I was incorrect about Korea. COO was China.

Denso is a large company that would make filters only to their own design and specs. They just happened to pick China as the place to make them. I suppose it serves better the large Asian market, but too bad they didn't open a factory in the USA making the same filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back