Current Jiffy Lube Pricing

They seem extra overpriced. You can get a synthetic oil change at the Mercedes dealer for $100 and that's with 8.5 quarts of oil and a car wash/snacks. The air filter is a good deal though, there's two on mine and go for over $15 online for the two of them.
Never seen it that low at our local dealer:

Never seen it that low at our local dealer:

I don't think you get anything cheap in CA. I think you tell them you don't want the A service and just an oil change and people online say they can get it for $100. Probably depends on the area. But MB also runs $150 off $300 service specials every few months.

I don't think you get anything cheap in CA. I think you tell them you don't want the A service and just an oil change and people online say they can get it for $100. Probably depends on the area. But MB also runs $150 off $300 service specials every few months.
I think their price for an oil change (not A service) was about $175, and that was a few years ago. They charged .3 or .5 based on their normal $200/hr labor rate.

Expensive European cars are the best reason to DIY, although their owners are probably the least likely to DIY.
They're not that expensive when you buy them used. They probably have the highest depreciation so it has more "value". You can get them used with less miles and more options than the equivalent Japanese cars. And for me, I just use an indy, too lazy to do brakes when mine does them for $50 and I just buy the parts online.

They're not that expensive when you buy them used. They probably have the highest depreciation so it has more "value". You can get them used with less miles and more options than the equivalent Japanese cars. And for me, I just use an indy, too lazy to do brakes when mine does them for $50 and I just buy the parts online.
How does your indy stay in business at those prices? $50/axle to do brakes without any profit from parts mark-up?!?!

How does your indy stay in business at those prices? $50/axle to do brakes without any profit from parts mark-up?!?!
Not a regular shop, works out of his home. Found a mobile guy before, used to be $60/hour then he opened up his own shop and went up to $80 then got out of the business and I found this other guy at $50. He likes not getting parts. No warranty issue and no need to go pick them up and if there's any issues it's on the customer. I like it because I don't really have issues with the parts

OP, thanks for the price list. Makes me realise that my local Indie is priced correctly.

I like to do my own oil & filter, which I get on sale. This saves me lots but I understand that most people “just want it done” without getting dirty or trying to understand the difference between a Dexos1 and ACEA C3.

But soon as you open for business, with wages, insurance, rent and overheads your price has to go up. It’s just business.

The national chain auto-store near me sells all the oil & parts I need at a decent price, meaning as good as anywhere else. I know the local mechanics get their parts from the same place with a 10% to 20% discount. Which still isn’t as good as my half price sales once per year (which are all about getting me in the door).

Probably unfair comparing our super good oil price once every 6 months with their daily working price.

making 50 bucks an axle for brakes comes under the category of I can park my ass in my recliner and lose money, I dont have to work to do it
Well I don't just show up and have him do the brakes, usually a few other things so it's usually $100+ for a couple hours of work or more.

Back