Current Jiffy Lube Pricing

94520 zip code.

Conventional: $49.99 (additional quarts are $6)
Synthetic Blend or High Mileage: $74.99 (additional quarts are $8)
Full Synthetic: $99.99 (additional quarts are $10)

Tire Rotation: $29.99
Engine Air Filter: $16.99
Cabin Air Filter: $49.99

This particular location uses Service Champ filters.

At those prices, a typical 10K oil change and tire rotation for a newer Toyota V6 (which calls for 0W-20) will be $149.98. I think many dealers are cheaper, but you cannot beat the convenience and speed of Jiffy Lube.

34F53AEA-BCB5-4D39-BF62-016130981BE4.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder how these prices compare to VIOC?

The speed and convenience are definitely top.

Makes those 5 5qt jug for M1 deals look even sweeter. $5 jug of oil and a $5 filter is the equivalent of a $100 oil change. Don't mind getting a little dirty for $90.
smile.gif
Good news is I like getting dirty anyway.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Thanks for that; we still have muffler places advertising $18.99 OC, I haven't taken any up on that.

You're welcome. I was only there to drop off some personal used oil.

I think I'd pay that for my son's 2010 Altima if I didn't have him doing it every time I buy him a filter for Christmas.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
$50 for a cabin air filter?!>????? I know some of them are hard to get to....but man.

VIOC in my area:

Conventional: $37
Synblend: $60
Synthetic: $99
Euro Synthetic: $127

The upward cost of going from conventional to synthetic or semi synthetic is what really looks like a rip-off to me. Perhaps $20 worth more of materials and the same amount of labor but they want $50 more.They play the same game around here.

LOL. Havoline ProDS is $19 everyday for 6 quarts. An OEM Toyota filter is $7. Fram cabin filter is $9. Walmart will ship to your door for free.

America's tire offers lifetime balancing and rotations.

The whole process is a half hour on the LONG end (because I wanted an extra beer).

Not a chance that ANY quick change place or even a dealer is lubing zerks , inspecting fluids, Or any other required maintenance items. They don't actually look at your car, just check to see if the computer says to push for an additional up sell .

Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
The upward cost of going from conventional to synthetic or semi synthetic is what really looks like a rip-off to me. Perhaps $20 worth more of materials and the same amount of labor but they want $50 more.They play the same game around here.

That's the definition of a "profit center ". But cars that require synthetic probably have longer OCIs which means less trips to the J'Lube, so they can charge more. I'm not sure if bulk conventional/ synthetic oil has the same delta in price (< $0.50/qt) as in retail purchases.

Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
I do not get a deal on Syn oil. I do not have time to run to WM to get it either. I have to get it delivered from one of the local auto parts stores. Usually $10-$11/qt my cost!

Their price is eight times what I pay with my Autotire coupon for ten buck change and rotate. Four times more without a coupon. Disposal fees probably added to both. Never been to Jiffy and from the looks of it , never will.

Thanks for posting. I started doing my own OCI's when Jiffy Lube hit $55 in Chicagoland for 5 qts. of synthetic & pennzoil branded filter. Looks like I will keep doing my own.

Its all about franchising and profit. Sure its way more money than doing it in our front driveway, but look at the price of real estate and the price of putting up a simple building. Life goes on and most people aren't interested in crawling under their car. Having said that, I'm OK with crawling under my car.
laugh.gif
As for the muffler shops, they just want to get under your car so they can install new muffler bearings or tie rod doo dads.

Last edited:
Reactions: SR5
Even if I didn't service my own stuff, be a cold day in hades before I'd take anything to iffy lube. Dealer may be a little slower, but they're cheaper and have better help working there. A lot of the guys I see working at iffy lube look like they just got released from Hays.

Back