Cross climate 2 after 20,000 miles

26287073-DF22-4786-A0B6-9A169D61FC18.jpeg

Full depth sipes? I think not. The center “step sipes” are gone. Maybe more is hiding underneath. The shoulder sipes, part of it is gone

Hope the winter traction doesn’t take a dump when the snow dumps

Hmm, that's a little disappointing. I was planning on running these on the Mazda after the BFGs run their course.

I appreciate the update. Hopefully @Jetronic answered the concern. We’ve got 2 sets of these in my driveway now, neither of which have reached that mileage yet. They are on path to easily be in my top 3 favs, and are absolutely the favorite for our wheelspin-happy CRV.

...As with a winter tire, the MICHELIN CrossClimate 2 benefits from MICHELIN EverWinterGrip technologies developed to optimise its performance in winter throughout its working life. At the same time, MICHELIN EverGrip technologies ensure strong performance in wet weather, all the way down to the tread wear indicator. MICHELIN EverTread technologies, meanwhile, contribute to MICHELIN CrossClimate 2’s longevity by optimising the form of its contact patch to achieve a more effective distribution of the forces during acceleration, braking and cornering.

These are not the Michelin Premier A/S tires, with Michelin EverGrip technology. The CrossClimate 2's are not advertised has having the Premier's EverGrip technology

The cc1, cc+ and cc suv had it, but wasn't called that either. and I have a set that's down to 4/32nd in my back yard

I love my CC2's, but I only have around 6000 miles on them. Get around great in the Iowa snow and ice.

I did drop about 4 MPG with them though, over the factory tires.

Worth it in my mind. I'm retired now and drive very little! ;)

I think we have about 8000 miles on my wife’s. They are quieter now than when new. I mentioned somewhere recently they are the best wet weather tire we found for her spin-happy crv. We also just put a set on our Lexus sedan, which has taken the average mpg from 21.x to 20.5 so far. I didn’t notice a mpg drop in the crv, but the v6 Lexus is near embarassing. Hopefuly it evens out and they end up not harming mpg. Noise level is on the lower side. Comfort is great. Grip is high. On center feel is on par with a touring tire, but not as good as a sport tire. Sideways grip is a little less at the edge, but it seems to give good feedback and warning. Mine aren’t broken in yet, so this all could change.

I think we have about 8000 miles on my wife’s. They are quieter now than when new. I mentioned somewhere recently they are the best wet weather tire we found for her spin-happy crv. We also just put a set on our Lexus sedan, which has taken the average mpg from 21.x to 20.5 so far. I didn’t notice a mpg drop in the crv, but the v6 Lexus is near embarassing. Hopefuly it evens out and they end up not harming mpg. Noise level is on the lower side. Comfort is great. Grip is high. On center feel is on par with a touring tire, but not as good as a sport tire. Sideways grip is a little less at the edge, but it seems to give good feedback and warning. Mine aren’t broken in yet, so this all could change.
Assuming these are around when I need tires on my 18 Legacy I will put them on too to replace the OEM tires. Maybe a little less performance but we drive my kids in the car and I would rather have some better wet and snow traction. As I think I stated already, I plan on getting a set for my wife's 14 CR-V in the winter. We also drive the kids in that car and she commutes 80 miles a day. I won't get betting them for my 19 Impreza though. All about the AS 4 right now but by the time I need tires on that car the AS 12 will be out. ;-)

Back