Crazy offer from Carmax

Clearly with the higher interest rates this deal has crested. I'm getting radically lower offer values than I was a year ago on my Navigator for example.

Early this year, a buddy of mine sold his 2016 Nissan Titan to Carvana for ...
$6000 MORE than he bought it for, four years ago (as a used truck off of lease).

It's no wonder that Carvana is on the brink of bankruptcy now.
Would somebody care to explain WHY Carvana is willing to spend $$$$$ like that? Like, no way they make a profit on these vehicles?

everything has cooled off; the trend is on a downslope in months to come too

I'm afraid the Carmax trade in deals may be history... at least that's my experience.

They offered me $10,000 less than the dealer did on a trade. They were also ($10,000 under the KBB trade in value).

Maybe they are trying to get ahead of the game... or maybe are trying to offset the cars they have in inventory that they overpaid for?

Carmax offered me $2k less om my M235i than the dealer that I traded it to.

I'm afraid the Carmax trade in deals may be history... at least that's my experience.

They offered me $10,000 less than the dealer did on a trade. They were also ($10,000 under the KBB trade in value).

Maybe they are trying to get ahead of the game... or maybe are trying to offset the cars they have in inventory that they overpaid for?
Ok- I will bite. This is half of the story. What kind of vehicle is it?

Back