Crashed the Caravan

Nobody likes a quitter.

Also, have you considered a defensive driving course?
I'm sure you could learn a lot from one to avoid overreacting the way you did.
Took it as part of driver training way back when. It just got the best of me. I spend my life on the road for the job and I'm better than I reacted that night, it was just bad timing, over reaction, dark, slightly wet roads, gravel, all added up to a bad night is all.

Just been busy with other stuff and my dad. Spending lots of time with my dad before he passes on. I read a lot here, just not in the mood to post sort of thing.

Understand that...

Seriously...

You have been in my thoughts at times in these past number of months.

I’ve always been told don’t swerve and hit it straight on by my parents then they told me I’d be in more trouble if I swerved lol but in a panic like that it’s easy to happen. I’ve seen many animal related accidents the last one this lady had stopped for ducks in the middle of the road and someone hit her and totaled both vehicles one of which was a van like yours but red lol. Glad that you are ok usually roll overs aren’t good especially if it was multiple times.

The Pentastar is a good engine and it has been tweaked. The 62TE 6 Speed transmission also is a reliable unit. Gearing is a bit weird but I'd take it any day over the constantly hunting 8,9,10 speeds of today. The other nice thing with this version of the PentaStar is it's port injection, naturally aspirated and pretty easy to work on other than spark plug replacement but that's only every 160,000km (100k miles). So for me 3 or 4 times if it lives longer than the previous one. Hahahahahaha Besides there are a ton of Taxi's in my town running these things so they have to be pretty reliable to take that abuse.

I don't fit in much with my torso tall height and my bad back and I find these really comfortable and a joy to drive so I'm happy to be getting one of the last years this design will be made.

It's a hard call, swerve or not, don't want to hit someone's beloved pet, but ya sure don't want to go flying off the road and kill yourself. But you don't want to deal with the mess of hitting some medium size either, even small critters can do damage. Very easy to critique this from a distance and when it's in the rearview mirror! I know it's 50-50 what I'd do, depending on what was going through my mind at the time.

Glad to hear you are ok and that the van did what it's designed to do in the event of an accident.

Glad you’re OK. The van did its job well- keeping you safe.

Spend time with your Dad. That’s far more important than BITOG. We will be here when you’re ready to come back.

Cheers

Nobody likes a quitter.

Also, have you considered a defensive driving course?
I'm sure you could learn a lot from one to avoid overreacting the way you did.
“Quitter?”

No, just man enough to understand life’s priorities.

Is it possible for you to get some pics of the wrecked vehicle and post those here?
It happened at night on a back country road that had 0 light. The van was upside down when I got out of it and it took the tow truck a while to flip it over, hook it up and take it away. They took the vehicle to the holding lot and my mom picked me up and took me home after I could find my phone which went flying in the van during the accident. (I had it on a magnet mount) The day I went to the lot to get my personal stuff from the van it was raining pretty good. I didn't think to take pictures. I just wanted to get back inside because it was pretty wet, and where it was parked would have been hard to get pictures anyway. I'm just glad to have survived that night because the van was in really bad shape and I had to bend the fender on the passenger side because it was pushed into the door I had to crawl out of. This wasn't easy with my bad back and being upside down. Also with the curtain air bags being deployed those were in the way as well.

It happened at night on a back country road that had 0 light. The van was upside down when I got out of it and it took the tow truck a while to flip it over, hook it up and take it away. They took the vehicle to the holding lot and my mom picked me up and took me home after I could find my phone which went flying in the van during the accident. (I had it on a magnet mount) The day I went to the lot to get my personal stuff from the van it was raining pretty good. I didn't think to take pictures. I just wanted to get back inside because it was pretty wet, and where it was parked would have been hard to get pictures anyway. I'm just glad to have survived that night because the van was in really bad shape and I had to bend the fender on the passenger side because it was pushed into the door I had to crawl out of. This wasn't easy with my bad back and being upside down. Also with the curtain air bags being deployed those were in the way as well.
OK, so the short answer is no...

Unless I can get them from the insurance or where they took the vehicle, I can't. I was more explaining why I didn't take them with the 2 opportunties I had.

Back