Crashed the Caravan

I like reading here but family is more important than the time I spent posting here in the past. When things are better I'll spend more time here contributing.

I'm glad to hear that you're okay. That is ALL that matters. I just purchased my wife an ex rental 2019 GT w/ 32k miles for $17.7K OTD. That's alot of car for the money. It drives nice and the wife is happy. I do find that the transmission can be goofy at times. Maybe it's just not refined as some other units. Who knows....

Attachments

• New car.jpg
    New car.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 26
I picked up my new beauty and it's sweet. Super happy with it so far. Working on breaking it in.

I bought 10 jugs of the Irving Max 1 GF-6 / SP / Dexos Gen 2 licensed synthetic I posted the deal for in the deals section. Couldn't beat the price compared to my trusty Amsoil. Even if I changed it twice as often I'm still ahead. Going to run that for now after break-in.

The OCI is normally dictated by the OLM which usually goes off at 13,000km (8K miles) and it's based on conventional oil being used so synthetic changed at 6K Miles (10K KM) should give me a nice buffer and it's cheap enough to do with this Syn.

I'll get a lab test to confirm though.

It great to hear you came out of this accident OK. Sounds like the vehicle did its job at protecting you. Having it scrapped is a very good trade IMO.

Congrats on the new one. A bit of warning regarding the silver color, as mine is also silver. Pay attention to where you park at shopping malls, otherwise you may end up trying to unlock someone else's Grand Caravan. There are judt so many of them in silver 😄

It great to hear you came out of this accident OK. Sounds like the vehicle did its job at protecting you. Having it scrapped is a very good trade IMO.

Congrats on the new one. A bit of warning regarding the silver color, as mine is also silver. Pay attention to where you park at shopping malls, otherwise you may end up trying to unlock someone else's Grand Caravan. There are judt so many of them in silver 😄
Yeah I learned that with my Santa Fe. There was a ton of Silver ones running around here. Luckily I park far from carts and other drivers. I mean if I'm going to walk 10 miles in these big box stores then 1/8th mile in the parking lot is no problem.

I have just shy of 500km on it already, gearing up to do the first oil change at 1,000 with Pennzoil conventional. (Factory Fill Oil) Then I'll flip over to the GF-6 synthetic I got for a steal of a price at the next change after that. (Posted the deal in the deals section if you are interested. It's a local business here in the Hammer).

Its easy to be a monday morning quarterback and say what should have been the reaction.

However it is a split second decision that none of us know how we would handle it until after we are confronted with that exact scenario.

Glad you are okay, if you can walk away from the scene without hurting anyone else, it was a good outcome.

I would have run into the Coyotes and most likely accelerated before impact. A huge welcome back StevieC !

Back