Corolla Cross

another overpriced toyota!! in most cases a station wagon or mid sized sedan would be a better value, BUT read a bit you can see how taller + even bigger vehicle get "breaks" meeting EPA mpg standards even thou many are almost like their carish counterparts with more ground clearance + a bigger price tag + usually less mpgs!!

Odd how things change in 6 months, I had asked directly and was told the Cross name was Euro centric, interesting they changed directions

The unfortunate timing of building the plant and then the 🦠 had a big effect on delays. They had planned to be in full swing by 2020. I haven’t seen a firm start date yet.

another overpriced toyota!! in most cases a station wagon or mid sized sedan would be a better value, BUT read a bit you can see how taller + even bigger vehicle get "breaks" meeting EPA mpg standards even thou many are almost like their carish counterparts with more ground clearance + a bigger price tag + usually less mpgs!!

Wrong on every count.

Despite the "expert consensus" on BITOG-they are going to sell quite well.

I think you're right. I think the styling of the RAV4 keeps quite a bit of people from looking at them. This is quite a bit more subtle and not as in your face.

I'm hoping they bring the GR Yaris here! Though I've seen rumors of a Corolla Hatch with the GR Yaris drivetrain, that has potential too.

Looks like embargos are off on this and the videos are flowing.

I think its really well designed for general public. You have space, style, cheapness, Toyota Quality, all around a nice car.

It seems like its just a hair wider and taller than the Golf Alltrack, but not as long. It's got very good off road measurements. I believe toyota is even giving this a 1500lb tow rating. Pretty good offering for the price.

I'd still say get the Rav 4 but a good option for "Something else" that is still toyota.

But is it actually available to order in North America?

Last I heard after the June release date was the chip shortage would delay sales until 2023

I just saw this on a YT video. Didn't know anything about it.
Perfect for the wife. If they are available for ~$23K like the crosstreck it's a top competitor.
Now to find one.
Good luck Chuck on that!
2022_Toyota_Corolla_Cross_Cypresgreen.jpg

2021_toyota_corolla_cross_interior.jpg

First drive of Cross . It's being released this October . Can get Specs and more by clicking Download PDF to the left of PRODUCT SPECS at Toyota Newsroom .

Last edited:
First drive of Cross . It's being released this October . Can get Specs and more by clicking Download PDF to the left of PRODUCT SPECS at Toyota Newsroom .

Yeah and the first Ford Maverick deliveries per the Configurator is September 1st

Can’t say I see any Mavericks driving around

Just stumbled across this female reviewer, Lauren Fix.

I must say, she appears MORE expert than most male reviewers and the review was well filmed and produced.

Gotta admit, that Cypress Green picture makes it look pretty dang good for a Corolla.
I imagine it's just far enough from a corolla to not be a corolla even though it called a corolla. Or Not.
like a Camaro and a Cadillac ATS on GM's Alpha platform or VW Taos and Jetta or myriad other cars the share platforms.
I will add though that sharing same engine and trans and interior bits is a lot of inherited corolla DNA.

Back