Cooper SRX truck tires

irv

I just purchased these today as my stockers were no longer cutting it.

Cooper Discoverer® SRX™ 275/60R20 115T
SKU: Cooper90000027116

$1220 OTD (CDN) and I liked the reviews and vids I seen. Only about a 10 mile drive today after having them installed but they definitely ride smooth and are quiet. With tomorrow's rain I will test them out for sure. I have dedicated Cooper winter tires (Avalanche's) so these will be coming off in the fall.

Attachments

• WP_20200901_13_13_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200901_13_13_28_Pro.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 121
  • WP_20200901_13_13_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200901_13_13_37_Pro.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DiscovererSRX_full.png
    DiscovererSRX_full.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 141
Please update as possible. I will be in the market for 275/55/20 for my SIlverado!

Many reviews say they are noisy with a "howl" in the mid 60ish mph raange.

cooper tires are well liked here in Ohio.. a few models are above average and some are great.

Tons of discoverer at3 here on trucks.. havent seem many at3 4s yet.

oddly enough the Tahoe came with a full sized fake tire … so got one of those for a spare … but likely to get the Cooper Evolution when the Mich’s hit 50k …

Please update as possible. I will be in the market for 275/55/20 for my SIlverado!

Many reviews say they are noisy with a "howl" in the mid 60ish mph range.

I will, but so far so good. A howl is something that I don't recall reading about? One review, the person said they ride so quiet he didn't realize he had a small window leak that he didn't notice with his previous tires.

oddly enough the Tahoe came with a full sized fake tire … so got one of those for a spare … but likely to get the Cooper Evolution when the Mich’s hit 50k …

I have the Evolution Tour on my Equinox. They are better than the OEM Michelin Latitude that came on the vehicle. I would definitely buy Cooper tires again, but would opt for something in the Discoverer line for a little extra overall performance.

Reactions: 4WD
I have had these on my 2018 Silverado for over a year and 15000 miles, they are a smooth quiet tire and are great in the rain.

I have had these on my 2018 Silverado for over a year and 15000 miles, they are a smooth quiet tire and are great in the rain.

Good to hear. I never ended up going to our trailer this weekend due to the weather so I really have nothing else to add currently as I have hardly went anywhere since I purchased them.
My neighbor purchased the exact same tires as Roofless above and said he really likes his. He has been back in forth to his cottage a couple times now and said they ride smooth and quiet and he said he has noticed some better gas mileage.
His previous tires were worn out, badly, Michelin LTX M&S's.

$1220 OTD (CDN) and I liked the reviews and vids I seen. Only about a 10 mile drive today after having them installed but they definitely ride smooth and are quiet. With tomorrow's rain I will test them out for sure. I have dedicated Cooper winter tires (Avalanche's) so these will be coming off in the fall.

Are the sipes the full tread depth?

Are the sipes the full tread depth?

Something I will have to look at but I assume they are like all/most tires and likely go the full depth or to the depth most tires go to?

I just got back from my trailer yesterday and I'm glad to report that I really like the new rubber. They rode real nice, are quiet and smooth and seemed to soak up the small bumps, imperfections in the road way better than my previous tires. I pulled my boat home yesterday and it was reassuring knowing I had new tires underneath me. It could just be me but I also found/thought these tires role a lot better than my previous ones? Regardless, real glad with my purchase so far. (y)

How are they in the snow? Been looking at tires for my new Ram, I was warned the OEM Goodyear Wrangler SR-A’s weren’t very good.

I have used the Cooper Discoverer SRX, the Cooper AT3 4S and Michelin Defender LTX.

The Defenders lasted until 75000 miles and of course towards the end they were getting noisy and losing grip like all tires. Its a stiff tire built for longevity but not ride comfort.

The Cooper Discoverer SRX is a very comfortable tire, but I got like 40000 miles out of them. They didnt seem to last.

I am now using Cooper AT3 4S and its a very comfortable tire. It is a quiet tire but only a slight tolerable hum on the highway most wont notice. I cant believe its an all terrain tire.

Thus I found long lasting doesnt translate to ride comfort. When you have a truck you need to hit the bumps more gently. The Coopers are comfortable tires which will make you turn your truck into a car but they are not 75000 mile tires. The Michelin Defenders will leave no doubt you driving a truck.

For comfort also look at Continental/General line...

I have used the Cooper Discoverer SRX, the Cooper AT3 4S and Michelin Defender LTX.

The Defenders lasted until 75000 miles and of course towards the end they were getting noisy and losing grip like all tires. Its a stiff tire built for longevity but not ride comfort.

The Cooper Discoverer SRX is a very comfortable tire, but I got like 40000 miles out of them. They didnt seem to last.

I am now using Cooper AT3 4S and its a very comfortable tire. It is a quiet tire but only a slight tolerable hum on the highway most wont notice. I cant believe its an all terrain tire.

Thus I found long lasting doesnt translate to ride comfort. When you have a truck you need to hit the bumps more gently. The Coopers are comfortable tires which will make you turn your truck into a car but they are not 75000 mile tires. The Michelin Defenders will leave no doubt you driving a truck.

For comfort also look at Continental/General line...

Did you notice any hit on your gas mileage with the AT3?

How are they in the snow? Been looking at tires for my new Ram, I was warned the OEM Goodyear Wrangler SR-A’s weren’t very good.

They aren't worth a you know what in the snow, imo. I tried using them in the winter the first year I purchased my truck but quickly purchased a set of dedicated snows. With my recent trip home from my trailer in the rain a few weeks ago, I also learned once they get wore down, they also suck in the rain, but that is most likely the case with all tires. I was down to 5/32-6/32 so it was time for them to go regardless.
I hope Navi's post above about the SRX's longevity is a unique one and they last much longer, but only time will tell.

Back