2012 Tundra Crewmax Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ You knew it was coming.
laugh.gif

Knew it was coming... what, did someone phart?

HAHAHAHA...

It's as reliable as a tear on a Purolator.

Hey, I disliked my LTX's but they were smooth and quiet; and if budget, lifespan & traction aren't a concern, then Michelin is as good as anything else.

I was on the same boat as you recently where I did not need a LT tire nor did I need an all terrain tire. My concern was rain performance and snow performance on a Silverado while maintaining a certain budget on this purchase. I ended up installing General HTS60 tires based on reviews and price. Considered the Continental LX20 but some reviews seemed sub par on some and seemed like a hit or miss on quality so I went with the Generals as I've had great luck with their Altimax RT43 and G Max AS-05 tires.

Last edited:
I own a 2007 Tundra and I'm on my third set of tires at just under 100k. The first set was Michelin, they were quiet and lasted about 50K miles. The second time I got Cooper Discoverer HT's and they were equally as quiet as the Michelins and lasted about 40K miles. The third set I just put on last year and I got the same Cooper Discoverers. I think the ride and the performance of the Coopers matches the Michelins, the only drawback is they don't last quite as long. I love the Michelin tires but they cost about %50 more than the Coopers for a benefit of only about %20 lifespan. The Coopers look good too.

Hope this helps.

Bridgestone Dueler is a mediocre tire hard as a honeymoon ****..LTX is top notch for 95% of 4x4 use and better than 99% of the competition overall.

^^^ OP is not a Bridgestone fan but I will say we've had 2 sets of these, one on a CRV and another on an 06 DoubleCab Tundra and they are good tires. In a truck, however, after they reach 1/2 life they break free in the rain very easily.

The F150 I have came oem with Hankook tires- I've been impressed with them for balance, quiet, and wet handling. It's an A/S with snowflake.

-m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back