Combustion chamber cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
When you still have SI-1 in the tank, and you have let it "soaked" in few days slow driving, a couple full throttle will help to flake the deposits off. However without any additive, full throttle may only help a little with cleaning the dirt inside rather than cleaning carbon.. IMO

I just put in that bottle of Gumout Regane this morning, so perhaps I should help it clean more carbon by doing a lot of full throttle blasts this tankful? I didn't do that with the previous two times I ran Redline si-1, so perhaps this might really help this time around (and at the very least I'll have some fun with the car)
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
Can a lot of full throttle runs actually clean out the combustion chamber or will it only help to keep future carbon buildup?

I haven't been to the dragstrip in a couple of years, so I'm wondering if that lack of "full throttle action" is hurting my engine. Maybe I need to go there a couple of times each year and make 15-20 quarter mile runs each time to help keep the combustion chamber shiny clean!
grin2.gif

WOT helps remove the carbon deposits. 80% of max rpm is good .Drive in second gear so you won't get arrested,and the 80% should not kill your engine.

So I ran a full tankful with the Regane in there, and did a TON of full throttle blasts this week and it looks like it did the trick, the pinging is 99% gone! It'll still ping a little bit when the intake gets heat soaked, but in most of my driving I am no longer hearing any pinging.

I would try running a second, more concentrated dose through your vehicle say one bottle to 7 or so gallons of gas!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vizzy
I would try running a second, more concentrated dose through your vehicle say one bottle to 7 or so gallons of gas!

I think I've run enough cleaner through it for a while now, keep in mind I ran one bottle of Redline in March, then another one in April that was more concentrated (one bottle to a 75% full tank) and then the Gumout last week.

You are now in position to ascertain as to which cleaner gave you the most improvement. Another thing to watch out for is to make sure you run *without* the cleaner and make sure that the performance is retained i.e. you have permanent fix rather than temporary increase in the fuel octane rating from the cleaners.

These days there are too many variants of Regane. Which one did you end up with and at what concentration?

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You are now in position to ascertain as to which cleaner gave you the most improvement. Another thing to watch out for is to make sure you run *without* the cleaner and make sure that the performance is retained i.e. you have permanent fix rather than temporary increase in the fuel octane rating from the cleaners.

Hopefully my use of Shell gasoline (which supposedly has five times the amount of cleaners that are mandated) and frequent full throttle blasts will keep the carbon away from now on.

Quote:

These days there are too many variants of Regane. Which one did you end up with and at what concentration?

I used the high mileage 2x concentrated stuff:

http://www.gumout.com/ourProducts/highMileageFSC.asp

I added one bottle to a full tank (my tank holds 18.5 gallons)

I think I've run enough cleaner through it for a while now, keep in mind I ran one bottle of Redline in March, then another one in April that was more concentrated (one bottle to a 75% full tank) and then the Gumout last week.

Redline does not contain much kerosene, so it is not a problem to use often. My past experience with all cleaners, it helps ping a bit and throttle bit more responsive, but only with slightly higher concentration SI-1 it totally transform the car acceleration like new.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog

Redline does not contain much kerosene, so it is not a problem to use often. My past experience with all cleaners, it helps ping a bit and throttle bit more responsive, but only with slightly higher concentration SI-1 it totally transform the car acceleration like new.

Redline does not contain much kerosene

Redline does not contain kerosene at all !!!!

I was just thinking, one of the days I drove home from work there was some pretty heavy rain and I was travelling on the highway for about 10-15 miles doing about 75mph with other cars in front of me spraying a lot of that rain water towards the front of my car. I also have an aftermarket cold air intake (Vararam) which has scoops on the front of the car out in the open, so it gets a direct shot of air that only has to travel a short distance to get into the engine. Does anyone think the cotton gauze filter that it uses would actually stop moisture from getting into the engine, or was I actually getting some combustion chamber cleaning done during that drive in the rain?

Just drive through a puddle and you will know :)

Seriously, if the water penetrated the filter, it will leave evidence i.e. there will be damaged portion within the filter.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Just drive through a puddle and you will know :)

Seriously, if the water penetrated the filter, it will leave evidence i.e. there will be damaged portion within the filter.

- Vikas

I have heard of rare cases where someone has hydrolocked their engine by going into a very deep puddle with a car with a cold air kit (that has scoops down low like mine) so water can get in there obviously, but I just wondered if any water at all can get past the air filter under those circumstances I mentioned above.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Drizzle in the air always made my cars run better. So some moisture gets past the filter.

It's been raining a lot here lately and I've noticed my engine is a lot more responsive in the rain. I wish I could see how strong it would run at full throttle, but it would be impossible for me to do that.

Try Mopar Combustion Cleaner, p/n 04318001.
Nearest mopar dealer and follow the
instructions!

This is an awesome product.
Itll set of the cel and smoke like...
a bit scary when you use it but it
definately rocks.

Drizzle in the air always made my cars run better. So some moisture gets past the filter.

It's been raining a lot here lately and I've noticed my engine is a lot more responsive in the rain. I wish I could see how strong it would run at full throttle, but it would be impossible for me to do that.

I've noticed that for years with my E-150. That is the concept I think those water injection systems were based on.

Originally Posted By: ac_tc
Try Mopar Combustion Cleaner, p/n 04318001.
Nearest mopar dealer and follow the
instructions!

This is an awesome product.
Itll set of the cel and smoke like...
a bit scary when you use it but it
definately rocks.

I can not find any internet source for this. I also heard that most local Chrysler dealers no longer stock them.

Any pointer to a place I can order from would be great.

- Vikas

......IT DONE GOT CLOUDY AND STARTED TO RAIN
I TOOTED MY HORN FOR THE PASSING LANE
A RAIN WATER BLOWING ALL UNDER MY HOOD
I NEW THAT WAS DOING MY MOTOR GOOD..........

-Chuck Berry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back