Combustion chamber cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG44K is the old reliable. Heard the formulation changed, but I'd still try it.

X2 on MOPAR CCC

I've used the old Coke bottle with water to drizzle down carb or TB more times than I care to remember. First step on a tune-up.

Stick with FP60. Regular use took away any problems I had with carb'd cars from the 60's/70's meant to run on the higher quality gasoline of the day (not just octane changes or lead removal). Ran hot thermostats, plenty of initial timing (with reduced curves), A/C in 100F heat, idling in traffic; heavy cars with 2.8 or 2.9 rear gears.

A combustion chamber soak with LC20 would also help. I've done them on many vehicles now. One of the first things done, BTW, on any used vehicle purchased. Let sit overnight. Although he didn't recommend it (Molakule), I always took them out and ran them just to return and change oil. No more smoke screen on WOT from a good rolling speed and it was time to head back.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: andyd
Drizzle in the air always made my cars run better. So some moisture gets past the filter.

Of course -- after it has evaporated.

Cars cant run on Water.....?

I can see where a Rich Air/Fuel Mixture will make a car run Better, but WATER MIST?

54.gif

98 vette has 2 knock sensors under the intake manifold. They are known for going bad and causing spark knock. Ever consider that possibility?

knocksensor_remove.jpg

I never considered that, thanks! Although the pinging is pretty much entirely gone now, I think that last bottle of Regane combined with tons of full throttle blasts has done the trick now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back