Cold weather coming ( finally)

Here is some info on vapour pressure vs temperature. I imagine some propane systems might not have enough vapour pressure to run at temps between -35 and -44 F.
C3F8047B-DDA9-428F-B016-9D7AE093D41D.jpeg

So I kept the furnace off all night, did not go overboard with heaters so it was 15c in the house. Had worse. I switched the furnace on and after a couple failed cycles it caught for a few minutes and died. I just left it and she came back to life and is currently working...... oh well, got another day and a half of the extreme cold before it normalizes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_091613_Weather Network.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_091613_Weather Network.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
On a positive note, the furnace has been running strong all day and currently still going. Picked up some heat tape and pipe insulation for the exposed piping from the ground to the house. Digging around under the deck I found the regulator, which are known to freeze up. Shes all wrapped and heated now.

Here is a screen shot from www.timeanddate.com ( time and date). It can display the weather we just went through. Go to “Current Weather”, then “Yesterday, Past Weather”. A huge number of records fell. Here is the weather from Edmonton for the past few days. It’s amazing that a city of over a million people can deal with this. PS: -40 C = -40 F. No conversion required. :D

E24865AE-0DC9-4B73-AFC9-ABABBD7EDEEB.png

Last edited:
We bottomed out and are on the way back up. Our low was -36 C ( - 33 F) yesterday morning. It’s a balmy -25 this morning. Back to a T shirt. :D
We set a new record low for Cranbrook for January 13.

CBD8C2BF-1C02-4452-85C5-BE3AC758B3A4.png

Last edited:
I got about 8-9" of snow last couple days in SW Michigan, -2F this morning.

-7 here in Kansas City KS this morning.. -2 right now. Not sure if I'll drive tomorrow or not. The only problem along my route is trains and the untreated bridges.. I can deal with the latter but the trains are infuriating. Thousands of miles of sidelines around this area.

-6F here. At least this'll make the normal 20-30 degree Jan weather feel like summer!

Back