Cold weather coming ( finally)

Not excited at all. Going to get 1-3 inches tonight, 3-8 Friday then we get dumped into the deep freeze next week, I saw a warm up the week after, but my buddy and I agree we are due for paybacks, and we will see them until March…..Thinking teens and maybe some low 20s till the end of the month…..maybe!

Edmonton might not make -40 this time, but close. A million people in the freezer!

9C4E362C-C465-46C8-8902-2B0D486B9280.jpeg

Tell us where you live when you make a comment, that would be much more interesting!

I am in Durham, NC.
Lot's of rain and wind coming this way. Wish we would get some snow.

1704802537086.jpg

Maybe people can actually get out onto the lakes without falling thru them and triggering a huge rescue mission. Where I am (in Minnesota) we normally have huge groups of trucks attached to "Ice Castle" trailers parked all over the lakes. This year many lakes still have open water.

Nobody has dared driving a truck onto the lakes yet, but many 4 wheelers and snowmobiles have fallen through. Scratch that, I did hear of a "Bomber" falling through near the NW angle (which is that weird spot at the top of Minnesota that's past the Canadian border and not attached to the rest of Minnesota).

These "Bombers" are old tracked military snow vehicles that are used by many of the resorts to bring people out to go ice fishing. There's not many left and it's kind of sad to hear of one being lost.

So far we have a half inch of wet snowy slush in the Chicago suburbs.... Maybe if it gets a little colder it will turn to regular snow.

Back