Coca cola issues lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
There are people that smoke but claim they don't inhale. I wonder if there are people that drink Coke but don't swallow.

Never inhaled when I smoked cigars or pipes.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Coca-Cola in Nigerian court over half-empty cans

If you forward them your banking information, you get the other half of the can, along with $20,000,000.

From a long lost prince you never knew no doubt.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You guys trust the Mexico coke knowing it is made in a filthy 3rd world [censored] hole by filthy people with zero hygiene practice? I've seen the inside of the factory and it a extremely dirty.

Which plant were you in and where? I have been in two different FEMSA plants, one in Mexico and one in Argentina. Both were spotless. Just wondering where this "extremely dirty" plant was located.

People still drink soda? I really notice it down south and in the Islands, I also notice peoples teeth are also shot. The worst is Mountain Dew it pretty much is battery acid for your poor teeth.

I can't remember the last time I had a soda that was not a part of a mixed drink.

You would be better off drinking a beer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
People still drink soda? I noticed it down south and in the Islands, I also notice peoples teeth are also shot. The worst is Mountain Dew it pretty much is battery acid for your poor teeth.

I can't remember the last time I had a soda that was not a part of a mixed drink.

I drink plenty of soda, still have all my teeth, no cavities, minimal decay, healthy pink soft gums.

Poor genetics can not be fixed.

Interesting you mentioned this.

I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi Made With Real Sugar a couple of weeks ago (also known in the recent past as Throwback) and it tasted like it was actually tonic water or quinine water of tom collins mixer.
Very strange the taste wasn't overpowering but it still was there compared to what the product normally tastes like.

I have the old cans I wonder if I should contact PepsiCo?

What a great example of marketing. Corn syrup, brown water and fizz. On top of that people pay for it and actually drink it. Amazing. At least it appears that this stuff mixes okay with food and water. If there are side effects they are not so immediate that they interfere with the cash flow. Again, great marketing because people are following instructions.

What a great example of marketing. Corn syrup, brown water and fizz. On top of that people pay for it and actually drink it.

Certainly, but soda has been around a very long time. The real sucker markets are for the energy drinks and bottled water.

Its interesting seeing various people say their either do or do not consume pop. (Or "soda" according to all the weird folk.)

We sure sell a lot of it at work. Most people buy 3+ cases per week. We have guys from the major companies stocking the shelves every morning. Lots of money being had from just corn syrup and fizz. Alcohol sales are through the roof too.

I personally don't drink the stuff either. I basically just drink water, but my treat beverage is normally an IPA. I love beer, but I could never let myself spend $15-$30+ a week on it.

I think the sales of soda, correlates with the rise of diabetes. Imo even the artificially sweetened sodas are not good for you especially aspartame. I have a soda every now and then, not a diet soda. I don't drink more than 2 soft drinks a month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
What a great example of marketing. Corn syrup, brown water and fizz. On top of that people pay for it and actually drink it.

Certainly, but soda has been around a very long time. The real sucker markets are for the energy drinks and bottled water.

Energy drinks most likely, but bottled water? First of all, most people that buy it have poor water at home. Secondly, I can buy a store brand 32 pack of bottled water for under $3. Folks pay that for a 12 pack of Coke on sale here in the US.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Its interesting seeing various people say their either do or do not consume pop. (Or "soda" according to all the weird folk.)

It's actually "pop" here, too.
wink.gif

With respect to water, this is one issue upon which I agree with David Suzuki. If I cannot drink the water from my tap with any confidence, I should be raising holy heck with the municipal authorities. Yes, bottled water can be found at a reasonable price on special. It's not always "better" than anything coming from a tap, either, and sometimes is the same thing, and sometimes even worse.

A good deal is one thing, but the ones who get "nailed" as suckers are those buying them for $1.50 and up in a convenience store. And you know they sell a lot of water. That's not the same thing as buying a flat of it from Costco for a camping trip or for emergencies.

I used to keep a flat of water in the trunk of my car, but it didn't work well in winter. These days I try to take my nagalene with me where I go.

Given all of the health issues associated with soda (or pop), I'm baffled why anyone would ever consume it. From the odd fat deposits on the liver of soda drinkers, abnormally high obesity and diabetes rates, and the chemical soup that soda is made up of, it's safe to say that soda has no place in our home whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

I drink plenty of soda, still have all my teeth, no cavities, minimal decay, healthy pink soft gums.

Genetics have nothing to do with it. Dentists have a nickname for what soda does to teeth, it's called "mountain dew mouth".

And by the way-I drink no soda whatsoever and never have. And I have no tooth decay, even at 70 years old.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Given all of the health issues associated with soda (or pop), I'm baffled why anyone would ever consume it. From the odd fat deposits on the liver of soda drinkers, abnormally high obesity and diabetes rates, and the chemical soup that soda is made up of, it's safe to say that soda has no place in our home whatsoever.

Genetics have nothing to do with it. Dentists have a nickname for what soda does to teeth, it's called "mountain dew mouth".

And by the way-I drink no soda whatsoever and never have. And I have no tooth decay, even at 70 years old.

You do realize that you WILL eventually die...right? And....many folks that do NOTHING to take care of themselves WILL outlive you, right?

You seem to spend an awfully good portion of your posts condemning what others consume....while boasting about your own supposed virtues. 70 years old and you still can't just kick back and allow people to do what they choose?

Just my observation...may you live to be 100.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Genetics most have a lot to do with overall health including dental. Sir do you have a issue with reading and comprehension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back