Citgo New Tri Clean additive in there Gas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Citgo gas is good quality and on par with other major brands.

THE IMPORTANT PART OF WHAT THAT MARKETING STUFF SAID IS THAT

CITGO GAS meets TOP TIER REQUIREMENTS and exceeds EPA requirements.

I'm not sure why they were so wordy there.

zoomgevity...what the [censored]? Sounds like something from the 50's. LOL

For a moment I thought this topic was created by GHT!

On second thought maybe it was.
smirk.gif

Who is GHT????

also I just pasted what came from the Citgo Site...

b.c Like i said I use Citgo and Im not a big fan of there gas but I have a Citgo gas card that I do not have to pay for...
However I have seen this ( Tri Clean now added ) on the pumps and I was just wondering what Tri Clean was.. Sorta like Cheveron has Techron... I was wondering if it was a real cleaning agent.

Im surprised Citgo dont get sued over that Zoomgivety thing.

Sunoco was sued by the FTC years ago for saying and Ill QUOTE

-- No other gasoline can give your car better acceleration.
Because no other gasoline has 94 octane; and

-- Because no other gasoline has 94 octane - the highest
octane under the sun....Don't waste your time going anywhere
else. Come to Sunoco and fill up with Ultra 94 - for
maximum power and performance.

Did anyone here know this?

read about it at

xxx.ftc.gov/opa/predawn/F93/sunoco.htm

put www in place of xxx

That was a bold statement Sunoco did... and had no proof.

anways.. back to this TRI CLEAN...

so you think its just nothing????

they really didnt add anything to the gas?

Its the same old Citgo gas from years ago?

Originally Posted By: Andy636
"blended fuel that includes more nitrogen cleaning agents"

Really??? Why would you need more of this since the air already has about 78% in it?

Shells V Power has Nitrogen added

see look

C/P from shell site

Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, including Shell V-Power, are designed to maintain thermal stability under extremely hot engine temperatures found in today's most advanced fuel-efficient engines.

Using lower quality gasolines can allow gunk to build up on intake valves and fuel injectors. This gunk can cause less efficient mixing of air and fuel and can result in incomplete combustion. Tests show that Shell V-Power Premium Gasoline can remove gunky build-up left behind by lower quality gasolines and help vehicles perform at their best. No other premium protects better!

I wonder if they have proven this???

I mean Sunoco was sued by the FTC for thier claims.....

Does anyone know if this is true?

Or any gas?????

Is GAS GAS.. just use the cheapest?

I mean I know CHEVERON is the best... but if there is NO CHEVERON around what are your choices??

Cheveron
Texaco
Shell
BP
Mobil
HESS
CITGO

???

What do you all think is the best any why?
and what do you think is the worst and why?

Thanks

David, you better ask you dad if he wants you pulling all this info on the internet. You guys are breaking tax law for sure and just about anyone could figure out who you are from your details about family businesses. Never mind an IRS agent.

Like it has been said already, Citgo is good stuff. It is as good or better than standard Top Tier gasoline. The only reason to not use it would be political since it is Venezuela based. That is a big issue for many people.

Originally Posted By: David1

anways... like I said I do not care I get it FREE anyways... However I would like to get more gas free.

Your gas is not "FREE." Every law-abiding taxpayer is helping pay for your "FREE" gas because your dad cheats on his taxes.

Get a clue, kid.

mad.gif

Nothing wrong with Citgo products. They work just fine.
If you are all about the "Free gas." then what difference should the brand make to you?
You think beggars should be choosers too?

Originally Posted By: David1
Im in FL and I ussally like to go to Cheveron or Texaco however the town I live in the nearest Cheveron is very far and same with Texaco. However the best gas if FREE GAS IMO.

My Dad has a Citgo credit cards for his business and he gave me a card to use FREE, he gets to write the gas off on his taxes anyways. However I'm not a big fan of CITGO GAS and never really liked to use it, However as I said the best gas is FREE GAS.
smile.gif
Well the last few times I filled up I noticed something on the pump that said CITGO Gas new Tri Clean formula. Also I always add 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to my gas at each fill up. However does anyone know about Citgo gas and if it can actually harm a ENGINE.
This is what the CITGO Site says. What I was shocked to read was Cito is not a TOP TIER FUEL

Thanks
A huge no-no!! I'm sure your dad would smack the ish out of you for putting this on the internet because nothing in life is FREE!! So this is what my taxes pay for???

Since the topic has veered pretty far from the original title...

I'll post again that according to Citgo in their press release..they "claim" that their Tri Clean gasoline
formula meets OR exceeds Top Tier requirements.

So Citgo is stating that their gasoline contains at least five times the minimum EPA detergent standard.

Last edited:

I'll post again that according to Citgo in their press release..they "claim" that their Tri Clean gasoline

So Citgo is stating that their gasoline contains at least five times the minimum EPA detergent standard.

Top Tier is about 2.3x EPA standard. 5x is advertised by Shell, which is well beyond Top Tier requirements.

Last edited:

Having Citgo say they meet or exceed Top Tier requirements and having Top Tier certify that they do are two entirely different statements.

The Top Tier standard is a PERFORMANCE standard, NOT a detergent content percentage standard!

Unless Top Tier does the performance testing and certifies Citgo gas, it does NOT "meet or exceed" Top Tier performance standards.

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

Having Citgo say they meet or exceed Top Tier requirements and having Top Tier certify that they do are two entirely different statements.

The Top Tier standard is a PERFORMANCE standard, NOT a detergent content percentage standard!

Unless Top Tier does the performance testing and certifies Citgo gas, it does NOT "meet or exceed" Top Tier performance standards.

thumbsup2.gif

There are some levels of detergents required to meet Top Tier. I think Top Tier has a set or pre-approved additives they approve based on quantity alone. If using a proprietary additive, they have to prove the performance. Not 100% sure on that, but Conoco seems to believe Top Tier requires a detergent level, not just performance.

http://www.conoco.com/quality_fuel.aspx

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: badtlc

Top Tier is about 2.3x EPA standard. 5x is advertised by Shell, which is well beyond Top Tier requirements.

Thanks for correcting my error.
04.gif

Originally Posted By: gaijinnv

thumbsup2.gif

There are some levels of detergents required to meet Top Tier. I think Top Tier has a set or pre-approved additives they approve based on quantity alone. If using a proprietary additive, they have to prove the performance. Not 100% sure on that, but Conoco seems to believe Top Tier requires a detergent level, not just performance.

http://www.conoco.com/quality_fuel.aspx

Thanks for info.

I wonder if there is a list of NON TOP Teir Gas Stations and a List of TOP Teirs stations?

Originally Posted By: hatt
David, you better ask you dad if he wants you pulling all this info on the internet. You guys are breaking tax law for sure and just about anyone could figure out who you are from your details about family businesses. Never mind an IRS agent.

Not worred,

there is something called hear say.

anways plus the dad Im talking about now is not even my real dad... not even half father but 1 of my step fathers..

LOL, I would love for them to track that down.

what a waste of tax payer $ that would be for them to use the man power to track that down.

would be funny IMO

Last edited:
In our fleet trucks the fuel brand seems to mean little.

Our gas bill is well in excess of 3k per month and we use the cheapest we can find via Gas Buddy. I cannot recall a fuel related problem at all.

I really think if the gas is fresh and you drive a lot your fuel problems are going to be non-existent.

David, you are GHT reincarnated!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
In our fleet trucks the fuel brand seems to mean little.

Our gas bill is well in excess of 3k per month and we use the cheapest we can find via Gas Buddy. I cannot recall a fuel related problem at all.

I really think if the gas is fresh and you drive a lot your fuel problems are going to be non-existent.

David, you are GHT reincarnated!

Where is the fun in that? Everyone here for the most part loves to split hairs to find "better." There is a VAST and HUGE area between "causes no problems" and what is "best" or "better." There is always room for improvement.

Where is the fun in that? Everyone here for the most part loves to split hairs to find "better." There is a VAST and HUGE area between "causes no problems" and what is "best" or "better." There is always room for improvement.

Absolutely agreed. Ya'll get to it.

But with the dizzying variables of different blends by area, climate, add packs, ethanol percentage, etc., it'll be a while...

Never found a brand that was/is better than others, therefore I buy on price.

For similar price and convenient I prefer Chevron, Shell over others

Citgo used to be on the top tier fuel list a few years ago. I wonder what happened?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wag123
Citgo used to be on the top tier fuel list a few years ago. I wonder what happened?

Probably didn't want to pay the licensing fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back