Chlorinated Parrafins? Engine Damage? (Motorkote Hyper Lubricant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, new to the forum, need assistance / advice.

I mistakenly decided to try Motorkote Hyper Lubricant in my engine (5.7 Hemi V8) yesterday, I added 14ozs of it to 6.5qts of fresh 5w20 Pennzoil conventional oil.

After reading a little bit online I learned that Motorkote contains Chlorinated Parrafins which eventually can corrode and subsequently damage internal parts of the engine whenever
they come into contact with moisture long enough. (The lubricate reacts with moisture and forms hydrochloric acid)

I decided to drop the the oil and filter again today after less than a day of having it in my engine (~15 miles of driving) due to concerns of causing irreversible wear. I didn’t notice anything strange with the oil that drained out.

Is there anything else I should do in order to make sure I flush all of it out like change the oil again in a week and / or use some sort of product or flush to neutralize it or is the damage already done?

Thank you!
Mike

There are several kinds of acids created due to combustion. Isn't that one of the reasons for maintaining a reasonable TBN ? If you kept that in your crankcase after the TBN had fallen to near 1, you might have reason the worry.

What spooked you after the purchase? Disagreement over whether or not to use it, but damage to your engine? The company has been around for a ;long time. I have used it over the years. Nothing to worry about except the money you threw away...most will say on the Motorkote..plus the new engine oil?
From their site
MOTORKOTE® HYPER LUBRICANT®
• Is safe & effective, period.
• Does NOT contain PTFE, silicone, graphite, molybdenum, or any other harmful substrate chemicals.
• Has NO long or short term corrosive effect on metal.

Just flush it with pro strength engine flush if you concerned. Those specific additives are not worth using unless you going to sell the car 😜

Just flush it with pro strength engine flush if you concerned. Those specific additives are not worth using unless you going to sell the car 😜
Is it really worth doing an engine oil flush though since it was only in there for literally less than a day? (10-15 miles of driving) Lol

Is it really worth doing an engine oil flush though since it was only in there for literally less than a day? (10-15 miles of driving) Lol
It bonds with the metal and turns into sludge. I would want to make sure it was out of there. Some of these companies say not to flush with the additive or provide/sell a flush solution that doesn't remove the additive.

It bonds with the metal and turns into sludge. I would want to make sure it was out of there. Some of these companies say not to flush with the additive or provide/sell a flush solution that doesn't remove the additive.
I guess I’ll flush it just to be safe, what product would you recommend?

Should I drive the truck for a little while on the oil I just put in it (fresh oil and filter without motorkote) first before I use a flush since I’ll have to immediately drain out all of the new oil again after adding the flush and allowing it to work at idle for 10-15 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back