Chicago Style Hot Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bobfather99

Maxwell Street Polish are great too(grilled onions and mustard)
thumbsup2.gif

You forgot the sport peppers.

Every Friday in the summer, the Cafe at my job does a hotdog counter. I had my first Chicago hot dog at work in NY. Gotta say, it was good.

It included all the right stuff. Including the peppers.

Sport pepper?
LOL.gif
Hahaha! How about an extreme sport pepper? AMG pepper? BMW ///M pepper?

Sport pepper, you've gotta be kidding me.

And besides, a New York style hot dog is where it's at. No shport peppers there.

The other day there was a documentary on PBS about hot dogs in America. The most civilized dogs were the Chicago ones and they were visually very pleasing. They actually had some class compared to the other examples from NY, LA, Vegas, etc.

The peppers bring out the best in the Chicago style dog! I've put some mustard based habanero pepper relish on a dog instead of the sporties and those make for a "HOT" dog!

The original post refers to "Neon Green Sweet Relish +
Sport Peppers". I never heard of either of them, and to the best of my knowledge they don't exist. I assume that this is yet another attempt of Chicagoans to con the rest of us into believing that their tastless, disgusting cuisine is the best in the nation. After all, these are the people that have foisted upon us that utterly disgraceful travesty of good pizza called the "deep dish pizza". I think that their brains have been affected by all the lead that Al Capone spread throughout Chicago.

Originally Posted By: jmacmaster
Sport Peppers". I never heard of either of them, and to the best of my knowledge they don't exist. I assume that this is yet another attempt of Chicagoans to con the rest of us into believing that their tastless, disgusting cuisine is the best in the nation. After all, these are the people that have foisted upon us that utterly disgraceful travesty of good pizza called the "deep dish pizza". I think that their brains have been affected by all the lead that Al Capone spread throughout Chicago.

Sorry mac, but they both exist, and are commonly used on most hotdogs sold in the Chicago area.
http://www.viennabeef.com/culture/chicagostyle.asp

BTW, that deep dish stuff is mainly sold at the tourist traps. Most Chicagoans actually prefer thin crust pizza.

Originally Posted By: jmacmaster
HEY! Chicago deep dish cheese pie pizza from Giordanos is KING!!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Vegetarian diet? I know a good divorce lawyer if you're interested... (I'm just kiddin!)

Put her on a meatetarian diet after this!

I used to protest. Now I just play along. Last time I lost a few pounds and my stomach and bowels never felt better. I wish I could continue the diet but we always fall off the wagon. It's usually something like the pictured dawgs that do it! Last time it was her dad's tacos! I screaming for joy inside when she asked if we should have tacos that night.

"Are you sure dear? The diet and all..."

"No, I want tacos!"

"YES DEAR!"

While living in Chicago for 6 years, I developed a taste for Chicago dogs from The Wiener's Circle on the north side. I prefered them because they are charcoal broiled, which in my opinion is the only way to cook a hot dog or sausage.
Having grown up near Buffalo NY, we have the best dogs anywhere, Ted's Charcoal Hots! The best!

You guys are killing me. It's time for dinner and there isn't a good dog place anywhere near here.
frown.gif
It's really sad when the best hot dogs are served at Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back