Sliced Tomato +
Dill Pickle Slice +
Neon Green Sweet Relish +
Sport Peppers +
Yellow Mustard +
Celery Salt =
Pure Deliciousness

pichers1.jpg

Anyone had Chicago Style Klement's Sausage? It's good. Way better than regular [censored] tasting beef frank selection at supermarket. First Kosher sausage is good too. They're both real meat. They use it in Einstein Brothers bagel dogs.

Everything except the poppy seed buns. I hate poppy seeds. Get stuck between the teeth and drive me nuts. But everything else is Emmmmmmm Good.

Shannow, if those guys were stand outside of my McDonalds, especially the last one, I would loose my appetite.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Shannow, if those guys were stand outside of my McDonalds, especially the last one, I would loose my appetite.

That's a Jesus who came outta the heaven to protest McDonald's!

@ one time lived about 90 miles north of Chicago. Like the hot dogs but we don't see much of them here in the southeast. One mom & pop place west of us sells them.

We are even seeing a few stores selling Bratwurst now.

Only problem is doctor said that I can only eat one every Blue Moon!

You should move to Wisconsin. We have a blue moon every Tuesday night.
grin2.gif

Along with the oh so wonderful Friday evening fish fry. Love going back there to visit family when my uncle cooks up some fried walleye and yellow perch.
20.gif

I totally love Chicago style dogs as well - but you can't find them anywhere around here.

$3.99 for two dogs, fries and a drink in/around Chicago. Mighty Dog on 31st street near Halsted has great dogs. Is that place still there?

Here in Nashville, a hot dog place near downtown has good Chicago dogs (as well as other styles) but it runs well over $8 for the same amount of food.

A few years now....

Here's another place that I haven't visited in a number of years:
(with pics!)http://www.freddieson31st.com/products.php?cat=3

AcuraTech,

Where do you get Chicago style 'dogs in the TC's?

When I visit my friends in Burnsville, I always bring a case of Vienna Beef 'dogs, italian beef and a couple of frozen Gino's East deep dish pizzas.

BTW, if it's not Vienna Beef, it's just not a Chicago 'dog, IMHO.

$3.99 buys just the dog wrked up in O'hare airport... and its not that much cheaper anywhere near where my brother lives (Loyola Chicago), or Michigan Ave.

I dont normally head to the south side.

Now Im not hungry for hot dogs, but rather that delicious Harold's chicken with hot sauce!

JMH

Couple places here. One called Chris and Rob's run by some ex-Chicago dwellers. They have italian beefs, dogs, etc.

Another place called Uncle Franky's.

Or else I make em at home. The only problem with that is finding the right ingredients in the grocery store. Namely Vienna Beef dogs.

Dont forget....

NO KETCHUP ON A CHICAGO DOG....
smirk2.gif
or you get
09.gif

Love Chicago Dogs, with just a sprinkle of celery salt.
Maxwell Street Polish are great too(grilled onions and mustard)
thumbsup2.gif

A good Vienna dog with fries will run you anywhere from about $2.00 to $3.00, unless you are in a rape zone like Ohare or downtown.

You should move to Wisconsin. We have a blue moon every Tuesday night.
grin2.gif

I visit in around around Elkhorn north of Lake Geneva about one or two time a year as I am from that area.

Retired here as the taxes - cost of living are a small fraction of what they are back home. Property taxes are super low here and even lower once you reach age 65. @ age 65 you no longer pay state property tax on your home or a farm of 160 acres or less. Many retirement pensions are not taxed by the state nor is social security income.

West of us there are some folks from the same area that have a place that sells Chicago Dogs and other treats not found in this neck of the woods.

I miss the foods found in the country bars there too but have found some mom and pop places here that have great BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back