Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the gumout product line the 2 most powerful products are:

Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 12oz Bottle It has a 30-40% amount of PEA, with a Kerosene carrier. It will treat up to 25 gallons. Although if you have a smaller tank it will still be perfectly safe. It cost like 5.32 at Walmart

The next most powerful cleaner is
Gumout Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner - It comes in a larger 20oz gold bottle. It contains the exact same percentage of PEA(30-40%) as Regane, just more of it. It will treat up to 35 gallons. I would not use it all at once in a small(12-15 gallon) tank as it made mine run a bit rough at that high level. Instead run 2/3 of it in a new tank and then when you are half empty, top up and use the rest of the bottle. It is about 6.99.

If you dont mind measuring out doses, I would go with the large vehicle bottle. You get more for your money.

Regane 5.32/12oz = 44.3 cents per oz
Large Vehicle 6.99/20 = 34.95 cents per oz

so the gumout large vehicle cleaneer is the same ingrediants as Regane...but is just a larger bottle?

I bought a bottle of Gumout Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner at Wal Mart today for $6.94 plus tax.

Says it treats 35 gallons, so I figure that will treat two or three cars.... or maybe 100 to 200 gallons if it works as a maintenance dose.

I wonder how Gumout Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Lucas UCL would be as a in a 2 oz combo of each per tank?

Or maybe a Gumout Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner/ Redline SI-1/ FP-60 / UCL cocktail?
cheers.gif
crushedcar.gif
pat.gif

my vehicle is 18.5 gallon tank...would it be safe to pour in the whole Gumout Large Vehicle Cleaner at once? I mean, I heard redline SI-1 cleans 100 gallons and some people put the whole stuff in...becuz the more = the stronger = the better?

quote:

Originally posted by steven88:
my vehicle is 18.5 gallon tank...would it be safe to pour in the whole Gumout Large Vehicle Cleaner at once? I mean, I heard redline SI-1 cleans 100 gallons and some people put the whole stuff in...becuz the more = the stronger = the better?

I haven't used this product, so hopefully someone expert will chime in.

I'd assume that you could do two treatments.

Pour into a nearly empty tank and fill up, and do lots of short trip driving to get the most hotsoak is usually best.

Also, doing the cleaning before an oil change is normally the best time.

I am sold on REGANE. About 15 years ago I put some in a 10 year old carburated Toyota that had never had anything in it excecpt cheapest available 87 octane pump gas(I did however use Mobil 1 since I changed my oil only twice a year). I never cleaned the carburator with sprays before either.
I took the car out on an the interstate for about an hour and on the way home in stop and go traffic niticed the engine revving at a higher rpm on its own. I pulled into my drive and turned the engine off and it continued to rev for about two miniutes on its own and then suddenly stopped. This never happened agian even though I religiously added Regane twice a year afterwards. The engine ran smoother, the car started esier, I had better acceleration and my mmilage improved somewhat. I sold the car to my sister-in-law who totaled it 6 months later. My brother and I took the engine apat out of curiousity and were amazed how clean it was. there was no buildup anywhere. Even the valve cover only had no more than a thin film. Valves were eprfectly clean like new almost.
I still use REGANE twice a year as I do synthetic oil changes in my vehicles Pre-winter and Summer. I have not exeprainced teh engine revving on its won or at high revs while driving since. It could beteh engine was so dirty from the cheap gas that the deposits sustained combustion as they burned off.

How does sumpthin' yah' dumps into the gas tank affect deposits on a valve cover?

Not the valve cover, but I believe the intake valves. If Regane is cleaning your valve cover, you have more serious mechanical issues than a dirty fuel system
lol.gif

Let me re-iterate about my Gumout Regane experience. I did not want to "jinx" it earlier but Gumout managed to get both my car pass the OBD inspections.

Both my cars have been plagued by the dreaded check engine light syndrome. 99 Honda Odyssey gets P0420, Catalytic Converter Efficiency Low, very often. This has been going on for many years. After putting the Regane, the light stayed off for at least a month. Usually, it comes back within couple of days. Fortunately, I got it inspected while the light was off!

With 2000 Nissan Maxima, the check engine light used to be for P0420 but I was able to get the Nissan to replace the converter under Federal Emission warranty. (I wish I had known about (8/80) earlier for getting my Honda covered by the dealer ). Now it gets the P1320 which is for the ignition coils. This is extremely common problem for these Maximas. The new coils are about $600 bucks! With Regane, I had a long stretch of time during which the CEL stayed off. I got the car inspected yesterday.

I can understand how Regane can help in avoiding P0420 but not sure how it can help in case of P1320. May be better combustion avoids overloading the coils??

In any case, until next July and August, I will not have to worry about the CEL on my vehicles.

I noticed the performance improvement in both my vehicles after Regane treatment. Being able to keep the CEL off was unexpected bonus. I will be stocking up on Regane bottles.

- Vikas

Regane made my hair grow.

Not hairs, hair.

The ONE at the end of my nose.

Dern thing grows fast!!!!!

Hack it off and a couple days later it has erupted, dangling, fluttering in the breeze.

Handy for scaring kids. Let it grow for a couple weeks and it looks like a tentacle, reaching out to grab the unaware and reel them in.

quote:

Originally posted by Vilan:
Chevron's explanation of Techron

Some excepts...

"Techron and Techron Concentrate are polyether amines of slightly different structure, each optimized for its specific application. The principal difference between Techron and Techron Concentrate is additive concentration and rate of deposit clean up... A bottle of Techron Concentrate, whose additive concentration is roughly 10 times stronger than the dose in Chevron gasolines, provides a quicker clean up of deposits left by lower quality gasolines."

Here's something interesting. If you look at the MSDS for the Techron bulk additive, it list polyether amines. However, the MSDS for the bottles you and I buy don't list any polyether amines.
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by psudaytona:

Gumout Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner - It comes in a larger 20oz gold bottle. It contains the exact same percentage of PEA(30-40%) as Regane, just more of it. It will treat up to 35 gallons. I would not use it all at once in a small(12-15 gallon) tank as it made mine run a bit rough at that high level. Instead run 2/3 of it in a new tank and then when you are half empty, top up and use the rest of the bottle. It is about 6.99.

Gumout also makes a "Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner for Large Vehicles" (on the front label) in a 20oz gold bottle. And on the back label it says "GUMOUT® Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner". Don't mistake this stuff for the product mentioned above...as it has no PEA in it. Don't you just hate sleazy marketing tricks like this.
mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by psudaytona:

Gumout also makes a "Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner for Large Vehicles" (on the front label) in a 20oz gold bottle. And on the back label it says "GUMOUT® Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner". Don't mistake this stuff for the product mentioned above...as it has no PEA in it. Don't you just hate sleazy marketing tricks like this.
mad.gif

Yeah the fuel injector treatment isnt PEA at all. Only the Complete fuel System and Regane is. They likely figure that since the names sound similar, they are in a similar bottle that people will buy the cheaper stuff thinking they are saving money. Only to be disappointed and get the more expensive stuff to really fix the problem.

I dont account it any different really than the stuff that Chevron pulls with its Techron. They seem to almost want it to be difficult to know what to get.
Techron in their gas.
Techron in multiple "single purpose" products like their injector cleaner
And then the good dose of techron in the concentrated form.

All this stuff really just clouds the market and confuses people. For example at walmart the Concentrated Injector cleaner from Gumout is sold for 2.48 for 12oz. This stuff is so weak its unreal. Regane is only 5.32 and will make a world of difference over that stuff.

Eh, just marketing. The more products theu put out, the more for you to buy and try. Even though most are the same thing, 95+% kerosene and the rest somewhat INactive ingredients.

wow, my thread got bumped back up...hehe...

thanks for the info guys...seems like regane is the way to go...anybody want to chime in between redline si-1 and regane? been doing more research, and found out redline is actually more powerful/effective? any comments fellas?

Chevron techron cna pretty much be purchased anywhere, as well as gumaout regaine...
As for BGK44, the only place around me,t hat sells it, is the MOpar/CHrysler dealer.

I've been using the Chevron Tecron Fuel system cleaner for quite some time. Since Chevron and Texaco are not readily available where I live, I add one 20 ounce bottle to every 3rd fill up.

The only two "additives" I add to my vehicle are Chevron Fuel System Cleaner and TufOil. IMO....both are the best of the best in their respective categories.

I like both Regane and Sl-1. Sl-1 gives a more noticeable improvement after I use it. I think it has more PEA than Regane does. Either one works great though. I added a bottle of the new concentrated Regane to my girlfriend's Honda Accord and it ran much better, had more power and seems to be getting better MPG. It had not had any fuel adds before. I will add a bottle of Regane every 3000 miles from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back